SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Bryant University field hockey celebrates Bryant Homecoming and Reunion Weekend with a pair of home games, first taking on Vermont on Friday at 4 p.m. and then Colgate on Sunday at 1 p.m. The Catamounts and Bulldogs will play at Goldberger Family Field, while Colgate and Bryant will meet at Providence College in a home game for the Bulldogs.
Opponent: University of Vermont
Date: Sept. 22, 2017
Location: Goldberger Family Field, Providence
Game Time: 4 p.m. EDT
Live Stats: Presto
- Friday marks the third all-time matchup between the Bulldogs and Catamounts, with the teams each coming away with a win.
- Vermont won the 2016 matchup, while Bryant topped the Catamounts in 2015.
A bit about the Catamounts
- The Catamounts enter weekend action with a 3-4 overall record. They last played on Tuesday when they hosted Holy Cross, falling 1-0 to the Crusaders.
- Landon Warren leads the team in scoring, notching six goals in the 2017 campaign.
- Lauren Tucker has nine points this season, scoring three goals and adding three assists.
- In goal, the Catamounts have been anchored by Lena Benwood, who has played all 496 minutes for Vermont this season.
- The head coach of Vermont is Kate Pfeifer, who is in her fourth season with the Catamounts. Last season, Pfeifer led the Cats to a 7-12 record, her best since taking the helm.
Opponent: Colgate University
Date: Sept. 24, 2017
Location: Lennon Family Field, Providence
Game Time: 1 p.m. EDT
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Presto
- Sunday's game will be the 10th meeting between Colgate and Bryant, the two schools have met every season since the Bulldogs moved to Division I in 2008.
- Bryant leads the all-time series with the Raiders, 6-3, last topping Colgate in 2015 in a 4-1 victory.
A bit about the Raiders
- Colgate heads into weekend play with a 2-5 overall record. The Raiders travel to Worcester to play Holy Cross on Friday.
- Iona MacKillop leads the team in scoring, tallying two goals and two assists on the season. Maria Krull has played all seven games in goal for the Raiders and has a .825 save percentage in 2017.
- The Raiders are led by head coach April Cornell, who is in her first season with the team. Cornell came to Colgate after spending 11 seasons at Hofstra under head coach Kathy De Angelis.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Freshman Alex Neumann (Auckland, New Zealand) currently leads the Bulldogs with three goals and an assist, totaling seven points. She last put up points at Dartmouth, scoring a goal and assisting on another in the game.
- Senior Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Massachusetts) leads Bryant with three assists, including a two-assist outing at Dartmouth. Richardson acts as the primary inserter during penalty corners.
- Junior Victoria Newbill (Wilton, Maine) continues to build on her impressive season. Newbill has set a career high in points just seven games into the season, scoring two goals and adding two assists to total six points.
- Bryant has had five of its goals scored by freshmen in 2017. Neumann leads the team with three, while Kylie Nelson (Searsmont, Maine) and Madison Demand (Waretown, New Jersey) have each added a goal each for the season.
- Bryant's captains in 2017 are seniors Grace Farrell (Milford, Pennsylvania), Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Massachusetts), and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine).