SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Bryant University field hockey will travel to New Haven, Conn. for a matchup with the Yale Bulldogs on Sunday. The game is slated to begin at 2 p.m. and will be played at Yale's Johnson Field.
Opponent: Yale University
Date: Oct. 8, 2017
Location: Johnson Field (New Haven, Conn.)
Game Time: 2 p.m. EDT
Live Stats: Presto
Live Stream: Ivy League Network (Subscription based)
- Sunday will be the fourth overall meeting between the two Bulldog squads.
- Yale is 3-0 in the series history with Bryant. The team's last met in 2016, when Yale came away victorious with a 2-1 overtime victory.
A bit about Yale
- Yale comes into the weekend with a 5-4 overall record and a 0-2 mark in conference play. They will host Cornell on Saturday before hosting Bryant on Sunday.
- Carol Middough leads the Yale squad with 23 points, scoring 11 goals and adding an assist to her senior season. Middough scored four goals in Yale's last game, when they topped Lehigh, 7-1.
- Imogen Davies is second on Yale with nine points, having scored three goals and assisted on three others.
- In goal, the Bulldogs are anchored by Sydney Terroso, who has played every minute in goal for Yale. Terroso has posted a 1.96 goals-allowed average while stopping nearly 80% of shots sent on goal. She has shutout two opponents in 2017.
- The head coach of Yale is Pam Stuper, who is in her 13th season leading the tea. Stuper has led the Bulldogs to a 91-122 record midway through the 2017 campaign.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Sophomore Floor van Dommelen (Berg en Dal, Netherlands) currently leads Bryant in scoring, having notched three goals and two assists on the season. van Dommelen assisted on classmate Freya Ward's (West Sussex, England) game-winning goal versus Rider on Sept. 29.
- Senior Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.) and junior Victoria Newbill (Wilton, Maine) leads Bryant with three assists. Richardson notched two of her assists at Dartmouth. Richardson acts as the primary inserter during penalty corners for the Bulldogs.
- Newbill continues to build on her impressive season. The junior has set a career high in points already in 2017, having scored two goals and assisting on three others, giving her seven points. Her previous career high was four, which she set in her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- Bryant has had six of its goals scored by freshmen in 2017. Neumann leads the team with three, while Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y.), Kylie Nelson(Searsmont, Maine) and Madison Demand (Waretown, N.J.) have each added a goal each for the season.
- Junior Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.) scored the game-winning goal during the team's win over Colgate on Sept. 24. It was the fifth game-winning goal of Perryman's career, having two each in her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- Bryant's captains in 2017 are seniors Grace Farrell (Milford, Pa.), Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.), and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine).