SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Bryant University field hockey continues conference play Saturday when the team travels to Brooklyn, N.Y. for a meeting with the LIU Blackbirds. The game is slated to start at Noon at LIU Field.
Opponent: LIU Brooklyn
Date: Oct. 21, 2017
Location: LIU Field (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
Game Time: Noon EDT
Live Stats: Sidearm
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
- Saturday will be the second meeting between the two schools.
- Bryant holds a 1-0 record over the Blackbirds. The teams met last season, LIU Brooklyn's inaugural campaign, with Bryant topping the Blackbirds, 6-0.
A bit about the Blackbirds
- LIU Brooklyn comes into the weekend with a 2-12 overall record and a 2-2 mark in conference play. They have wins over the current conference leader in Fairfield, as well as Siena.
- Jenna Chrabolowski leads the Blackbirds in scoring this season, having 11 points. She has scored five goals and assisted on one other. Eveline Gielisse and Eva Scholten are tied for the Blackbirds second-highest point total, each scoring two goals and helping on two others to total six points each.
- Molly Jannell has been the primary goalkeeper for LIU Brooklyn, posting a 2-11 record in 13 games started.
- LIU Brooklyn is coached by Kyle DeSandes-Moyer, who is in her first year leading the Blackbirds after graduating from Penn in 2013. She was an assistant coach for LIU Brooklyn during its inaugural season in 2016.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Bryant heads into the game at LIU Brooklyn with a 3-13 overall record with a 1-2 mark in conference play.
- Freshman Alex Neumann (Auckland, New Zealand) leads Bryant in scoring this season. Neumann has scored four goals and has one assist. In a 4-1 loss to Yale, Neumann scored a goal to bring the game within a goal in the second half.
- Senior Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.) and junior Victoria Newbill (Wilton, Maine) lead Bryant with three assists. Richardson notched two of her assists at Dartmouth and acts as the primary inserter during penalty corners for the Bulldogs.
- Newbill continues to build on her impressive season. The junior has set a career high in points already in 2017, having scored two goals and assisting on three others, giving her seven points. Her previous career high was four, which she set in her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- Bryant has had eight of its goals scored by freshmen in 2017. Neumann leads the team with four, while Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y.) has found the back of the goal twice. Kylie Nelson(Searsmont, Maine) and Madison Demand (Waretown, N.J.) have each added a goal for the season.
- Freshman goalkeeper Lyndsay Swanston (Burlington, Ont.) has been a force in the net since assuming starting duties. In conference play, Swanston has a 1.67 goals-allowed average in three games against conference opponents.
- Junior Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.) scored the game-winning goal during the team's win over Colgate on Sept. 24. It was the fifth game-winning goal of Perryman's career, having two each in her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- Bryant's captains in 2017 are seniors Grace Farrell (Milford, Pa.), Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.), and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine).