LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. – Senior Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.) had three assists and sophomore Floor van Dommelen (Berg en Dal, Netherlands) scored a goal and assisted twice, but the Bryant University field hockey team fell to Siena College, 4-3, in an overtime game at Siena Turf Field in Loudonville, N.Y.
Siena 4, Bryant 3 (OT)
Records: Bryant (3-16, 1-5 MAAC), Siena (1-16, 1-5 MAAC)
Location: Siena Turf Field (Loudonville, N.Y.)
COACH DE VRIES' COMMENTS
"It's disappointing to finish the season like this," Bryant head coach Joppe de Vries said. "I am happy with how we played today, I think we played well. It's tough to win games, but it was exciting to go into overtime. I'm really excited to take this team and work forward to next year."
Siena's Stephanie Hand had a breakaway opportunity in the third minute of overtime and was able to capitalize. Hand fired a shot from just inside the circle and found the net for Siena's game-winner.
- 5th minute – Siena 0, Bryant 1 – Freshman Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y.) was able to misdirect a shot van Dommelen sent toward goal after a Bryant set piece to find beat Siena's goalkeeper and find the net.
- 12th minute – Siena 0, Bryant 2 – van Dommelen received a direct corner pass from Richardson and fired at the net. The shot was able to find the right of the cage and gave Bryant a 2-0 lead.
- 13th minute – Siena 1, Bryant 2 – Siena's Brianna Muniz scored after Molly Hagen, Siena's lone senior who was celebrated with a pre-game ceremony, found her open with space to shoot. Muniz was able to find the left of the cage for the score.
- 14th minute – Siena 2, Bryant 2 – The Saints' Margaret Conway collected a loose ball at the goal mouth and was able to tap it in on a diving attempt to knot the game at 2.
- 47th minute – Siena 3, Bryant 2 – Siena scored again when Fariyah Omarshah fired after receiving a pass from Conway to give the Saints their first lead of the afternoon.
- 50th minute – Siena 3, Bryant 3 – Sophomore Freya Ward (Haywards Heath, West Sussex, England) was able to tie the game when she tipped a shot from van Dommelen past the Siena keeper after the Bulldogs were awarded a corner after a penalty in the circle.
- 73rd minute – Siena 4, Bryant 3 – Hand's goal from the edge of the circle gave Siena their first win of the season.
- This was the final collegiate game for the Bryant senior trio of Grace Farrell (Milford, Pa.), Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.) and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine). The three have combined for 156 games in their Bryant careers, making one postseason appearance in 2016 and contributing that season's fourth-best GPA in the nation.
- This was the second time in Richardson's career that she had three assists in a single game. The last was last season at Sacred Heart, a game she also scored a goal in.
- This was Bryant's only overtime game of the season.