SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Taking a break from conference play, the Bryant University softball team will host the Providence Friars on Wednesday, April 11, for a doubleheader at Conaty Park beginning at 3 p.m. Each game will be broadcast for free on NEC Front Row.
- Providence owns a 6-1 lead in the all-time series between the two schools. The Rhode Island institutions have met annually since the 2015 season, including a doubleheader at PC last season.
BULLDOG NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Bryant enters the week with a 9-20 record on the season, splitting a pair of doubleheaders versus LIU Brooklyn and Wagner over the weekend.
- Freshman Morgan Powell (Murrieta, Calif.) leads the team with a .339 average and comes into Wednesday with seven hits in her last 12 at bats.
- Senior Rachel Monroe (Southwick, Mass.) is coming off of a breakout performance this past weekend. The shortstop was named the Co-Northeast Conference Player of the Week on Monday after batting .500 with two home runs, a double and 10 RBI in four games.
- In her last six games, sophomore Tiffany Bell (Egg Harbor City, N.J.) has sizzled at the plate. Bell is batting .533, going 8-for-15 with a triple. She has scored a team-best nine runs and six stolen bases in that span
- Senior Logan Paul (Shaker Heights, Ohio) leads the Bulldogs with a 4-2 record from the circle.
- Freshman pitcher Sarah McKeveny (Bohemia, N.Y.) earned the second of her career on Saturday, throwing a gem against the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds. McKeveny pitched all seven innings and carrier a no-hitter into the sixth inning of Saturday's second game and tied her career-high in strikeouts, fanning six batters.
SCOUTING THE FRIARS
- The Friars enter Wednesday with a 7-21 overall record. The team was last in action on Friday and Saturday of last week, dropping a series to Seton Hall in BIG EAST play.
- Julianne Rurka leads Providence with a .308 average. Rurka has seven doubles, one home run and 11 RBI in 2018.
- Brittney Veler boasts a team-best three home runs, 16 RBI, and 16 total bases.
- In the circle, Christina Ramirez has a 4-8 record with a 3.25 ERA. She has struck out 39 batters in 69 innings of work this season.
- The Friars are coached by Kerri Jacklets, who is in her 13th season in Providence. To date, Jacklets has led PC to a 259-351-2 record.