SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University softball team travels to Cambridge, Massachusetts, on Tuesday afternoon for a midweek contest against Harvard. First pitch is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.
Location: Soldier's Field (Cambridge, Mass.)
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Live Stream: Ivy League Network ($)
Live Stats: GoCrimson.com
- Harvard holds a 6-4 lead in the all-time series with Bryant.
- The Crimson have won each of the last two meetings, including a 6-5 decision last spring.
- Junior Colby Norris (Toano, Va.) tossed 4 2/3 innings of scoreless relief in last year's game.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters Tuesday's game with a 10-23 overall record and a 4-4 record in Northeast Conference games.
- The Bulldogs played just two games last weekend, splitting a doubleheader with Sacred Heart on Saturday.
- Bryant won the first game thanks to a four-run sixth inning. Junior Kaleigh Goulart (Marion, Mass.) delivered the big blow, clearing the bases with her second-career triple.
- Goulart is now tied for the team lead with 17 RBI and has a team-best nine extra-base hits.
- Senior Rachel Monroe (Southwick, Mass.) had a hit in both games of Saturday's twinbill, extending her on-base streak and hitting streak to a team-best nine games.
- Monroe has registered three three-hit games and has driven in 12 runs during her nine-game hitting streak.
Scouting the Crimson
- Harvard enters Tuesday's game with a 18-12 overall record. The Crimson have posted a .299 team average and a 3.59 team ERA.
- Maddy Kaplan leads the Crimson with a .441 batting average, 28 RBI and nine multi-RBI games.
- Rhianna Rich leads the team with 15 multi-hit games and has 44 total hits on the year.
- Katie Duncan has been Harvard's top arm, going 12-7 with a 2.58 ERA in 106 innings.