SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team completed day two of the West Point Invitational on Saturday in West Point, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED (SINGLES)
- After winning on Friday, senior Linnea Sjoberg (Stockholm, Sweden) was defeated by Seton Hall's Fajnarova, 6-1, 6-2 on Saturday.
- Senior Ashanti Campfield (Stratford, Conn.) to the No. 2 seed in the 'C' flight, Army's Inchauste, 7-6 (6), 6-2.
- Redshirt freshman Megan Tan (Calgary, Alberta) picked up a victory in the consolation rounds, defeating Wagner's Cumpa, 8-7 (6). She went on to face Fairfield's Pil, falling 8-2.
- Senior Stefanie Arroyo (Gurabo, Puerto Rico) defeated Wagner's Baynes, 8-2, in her first match of the day and then lost a heartbreaker to Sacred Heart's Alfonso, 8-7 (3).
- Aleksi Gottlieb (Plantation, Fla.) faced the No. 1 seed in her flight, Syracuse's Mitchell, falling 6-2, 6-0.
- Freshman Gabrielle Bergeron (Quebec, Canada) fell in three sets to Army's Spirtos, 1-6, 6-4, 10-4.
The Bulldogs wrap up play in the West Point Invitational on Sunday with matches beginning at 9:00 a.m.