SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's tennis team takes on Monmouth University Sunday afternoon at the URI Tennis Complex in Kingston. The dual match is set to begin at 10:00 a.m.
Location: Kingston, R.I. (URI Tennis Complex)
Coach Cilli's Comments
"I'm looking forward to seeing coach Murray and her team," Bryant women's tennis head coach Barbara Cilli said. "It's always great to compete against a former NEC member. And to be able to play them less than an hour from campus is even better. We just want to go out and keep our momentum moving forward."
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant is coming off a 5-2 victory over URI last Sunday in Kingston. It was the first of three dual matches the Bulldogs will play in the fall.
- The Black and Gold won all three doubles matches and then won at No. 3, 4,5 and 6 singles.
- Seniors Ashanti Campfield (Stratford, Conn.) and Stefanie Arroyo (Gurabo, Puerto Rico) teamed up to win in doubles and then both won in singles against the Rams. Campfield won at No. 3 singles, 3-6, 6-2 (10-8), while Arroyo won at No. 4 singles, 6-1, 6-3.
- Freshman Arianna Oropeza Petersen (Weston, Fla.) also was unbeaten against URI, teaming with Aleksi Gottlieb (Plantation, Fla.) in doubles before winning at No. 5 singles.
A bit about the Hawks
- Sunday will be Monmouth's sixth dual match of the fall, as they are 1-3 so far. The Hawks have lost to Wagner (6-1), Delaware State (5-2) and Sacred Heart (7-0) while posting a win over Rider (7-0).
- The Hawks will face URI on Saturday in Kingston before playing the Bulldogs on Sunday.
- Chionye Gabriel and Alexandra Graff have each picked up two wins in singles play on the year.
- Gabriela and Graff also team up in doubles play and are 2-2 in the first four matches.