SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team travels to Boston this afternoon for a midweek game against Northeastern. First pitch is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.
Location: Friedman Diamond (Boston, Mass.)
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Live Stats: GoNU.com
Wednesday – Logan Lessard (1-1, 6.97) vs. Sam Jacobsak (1-0, 8.25)
Senior Logan Lessard (Cromwell, Conn.) will make his first-career start for the Black and Gold this afternoon. Lessard has posted a 1-1 record and a 6.97 ERA in 14 relief appearances. His strikeout rate has been through the roof, as he has punched out 15 in 10 1/3 innings (13.06/9).
Jacobsak will be making his third start of the year for Northeastern. Most recently, he tossed 1 1/3 innings of scoreless relief against Brown.
Series History with Northeastern
- Bryant has a 9-2 lead in the Division I series with Northeastern. The Bulldogs have won each of the last seven games in the series.
- Last season, then-sophomore Nick Angelini (Bedford, N.H.) delivered a walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th.
- Bryant has outscored Northeastern, 84-20, over the last seven games.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs enter the midweek contest fresh off a series sweep of Central Connecticut last weekend.
- Senior Mickey Gasper (Merrimack, N.H.) was named the NEC Player of the Week and enters Wednesday's game hitting .356 with 12 doubles, six home runs, 34 RBI and 46 runs scored.
- Redshirt freshman Ryan Ward (Millbury, Mass.) has hit safely in 29-straight games, the longest streak in program history. He has 80 hits, 20 doubles, eight home runs, 44 RBI and 42 runs scored.
Scouting the Huskies
- The Huskies enter Wednesday's game with an RPI of 28. They have posted wins over Auburn, Creighton and the College of Charleston.
- Northeastern is hitting .284 as a team and have posted a 5.18 team ERA.
- Charlie McConnell leads the team with .353 average, 32 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Jake Farrell has 40 RBI and Ian Fair has hit safely in a program-record 22-straight games.