SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team will spend its Northeast Conference bye weekend on Long Island as the Bulldogs will face Stony Brook and UMass at Stony Brook's Joe Nathan Field.
Bryant will sandwich games with Stony Brook around a Saturday afternoon contest against the University of Massachusetts.
Opponents: Stony Brook | Massachusetts
Location: Joe Nathan Field (Stony Brook, N.Y.)
Times: 3:00 p.m. | 3:30 p.m. | 12:00 p.m.
Live Stats: BryantBulldogs.com
Friday – Steve Theetge (4-6, 4.35) vs. G Marino (3-1, 6.29)
Saturday – Tyler Mattison (5-1, 3.24) vs. Sean Harney (2-0, 2.79)
Sunday – Jack Patterson (5-2, 3.86) vs. B Clarke (2-5, 4.99)
Bryant will go with junior Steve Theetge (Syracuse, N.Y.), freshman Tyler Mattison (Fort Ann, N.Y.) and senior Jack Patterson (Suffield, Conn.) this weekend. Mattison and Patterson both tossed complete-game shutouts last weekend and both were earned weekly awards from the Northeast Conference. Patterson has struck out 39 batters over his last four starts.
Series History with Stony Brook
- Bryant holds a 5-1 lead in the all-time series with Stony Brook.
- The Bulldogs swept a three-game series from SBU in 2016.
Series History with UMass
- Bryant and UMass will be meeting for the first time in program history.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs enter the weekend with a 26-17-1 overall record.
- Bryant fell to Northeastern, 10-3, on Wednesday.
- Redshirt freshman Ryan Ward (Millbury, Mass.) has hit safely in each of his last 30 games. He enters the weekend with 136 total bases, just two shy of the DI program record.
- The Black and Gold have played a majority of the last two weeks without their three starting outfielders, freshman Shane Kelly (Sewell, N.J.), junior Nick Angelini (Bedford, N.H.) and sophomore James Ciliento (Mahwah, N.J.).
Scouting the Seawolves
- Stony Brook enters the weekend with an overall record of 24-19.
- SBU has hit 95 doubles as a team.
- Nick Grande leads the team with a .416 average, 26 stolen bases and 49 runs scored.
Scouting the Minutemen
- UMass enters the weekend with a 13-22 overall record.
- UMass is hitting .246 as a team and have a team ERA of 5.65.
- Eddy Hart is hitting a team-high .307 with nine doubles and three home runs.