SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team continues its spring break trip with games at Winthrop and Wofford on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Opponent: Winthrop | Wofford
Location: Winthrop Ballpark (Winthrop, S.C.) | Russell C. King Field (Spartanburg, S.C.)
Date and Times: Mar. 12 – 6:00 p.m. | Mar. 13 – 5:00 p.m.
Watch: Tuesday (Audio Only) | Wednesday (SoCon Digital Network)
Live Stats: Tuesday | Wednesday
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #TCD | #NECBASE
Tuesday – Tyler Schoff (1-0, 9.95) vs. Cody Whitten (1-0, 4.60)
Wednesday – TBA vs. TBA
Sophomore Tyler Schoff (Lee Center, N.Y.) will get the ball on Tuesday in what will be his first-career start. The righty has appeared in five games of the bullpen, posting seven walks and four strikeouts in 6 1/3 innings. Schoff earned his first collegiate victory with 1.2 innings of scoreless relief at Virginia Tech.
- Bryant will be facing both Winthrop and Wofford for the first time in program history.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs enter the week at 6-6 overall after taking 2-of-3 from Elon over the weekend.
- Bryant has now won three of its four series and four of their last six.
- Each of Bryant's last seven games have been decided by two runs or less.
- Junior Chris Wright (Cumberland, R.I.) shined on the mound vs. Elon, striking out 10 batters over four innings of scoreless relief. He earned a win and a save in the series.
- Highlighted by a career-high four hits in the series finale at Elon, classmate Gaby Cruz (Miami, Fla.) is leading the Bulldogs with a .387 batting average and a .457 OBP.
- James Ciliento (Mahwah, N.J.), another junior, has 15 runs scored, 12 walks, seven stolen bases and a .419 OBP.
- Bryant's bullpen has been great over the last seven games, posting a 1.88 ERA. The group has struck out 38, walked only 16 and allowed just 17 hits in the last 28.2 innings.
Scouting the Eagles
- Winthrop enters the week at 6-8 overall and is two years removed from winning a Big South Regular Season title.
- The Eagles are hitting .255 and are led by Spencer Yankle (10 RBI, 11 R) and Matthew Mulkey (3 HR).
- Tuesday starter Cody Whitten allowed just one run over eight innings last week in a win against The Citadel.
Scouting the Terriers
- Wofford enters the week at 10-6 overall but will face Ohio State on Tuesday before playing the Bulldogs.
- The Terriers have won 30+ games in four out of the last five years.
- Wofford is hitting .295 but averaging just 5.8 runs per game. The Terriers have stolen 37 bases in 16 games.
The Bulldogs wrap up their spring break trip with the Spider Invitational hosted by the University of Richmond. Bryant will face Richmond on Friday, Quinnipiac on Saturday and Toledo on Sunday.