SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team opens a stretch of 10-straight games in the Ocean State when it travels to Kingston to take on in-state rival Rhode Island.
Opponent: Rhode Island
Location: Bill Beck Field (Kingston, R.I.)
Date and Time: Apr. 3 | 3:00 p.m.
Live Stats: Presto
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #TCD | #NECBASE
Wednesday – RHP John MacDonald (0-2, 6.14) vs. TBA
Freshman John MacDonald (Stamford, Conn.) will make his first-career start on Wednesday at URI. He's made six relief appearances so far this year and has allowed six runs on four hits over 7 1/3 innings. MacDonald has walked six and struck out 10. He pitched a season-high two innings and struck out a season-high four in his last outing vs. Central Connecticut.
- Bryant and URI will be meeting for the 16th time in DI program history on Wednesday. Bryant owns a 9-6 lead in the series.
- This will be the first of two meetings between the teams this year.
- URI won last year's meeting, 8-6.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the week at 16-10 overall and ranked No. 2 in the most recent NEIBA regional poll.
- The Bulldogs rank seventh nationally in home runs per game at 1.35.
- Redshirt sophomore Jimmy Titus (Stafford, Conn.) has driven in 22 runs over the last nine games and has a league-best 34 on the year.
- Senior Nick Angelini (Bedford, N.H.) has homered five times in the last 12 games and enters the week just five hits shy of 200 in his career.
- Junior James Ciliento (Mahwah, N.J.) is riding a career-high 15-game hitting streak entering the week. He's batting .294 with a team-high 33 runs scored.
Scouting the Rams
- URI enters the week 11-13 after posting a victory over UMass Lowell on Tuesday.
- The Rams are 9-3 in their last 12 games.
- The Rams are hitting .262 as a team and have a team ERA of 4.91.
- Kevin Heiss is hitting a team-high .343, while Xavier Vargas has a team-high 14 RBI.
Bryant returns to Northeast Conference play this weekend when it welcomes Fairleigh Dickinson to Conaty Park.