SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team welcomes Fairleigh Dickinson to Conaty Park for a three-game Northeast Conference series this weekend.
Opponent: Fairleigh Dickinson
Location: Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
Date and Time: Apr. 5 – 3:00 PM | Apr. 6 – 1:00 PM | Apr. 7 – 1:00 PM
Live Stats: Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #TCD | #NECBASE
Friday – LHP Steve Theetge (4-1, 0.82) vs. RHP Emmanuel Corporan (0-4, 8.41)
Saturday – RHP Tyler Mattison (3-1, 6.03) vs. RHP James Donlon (0-3, 5.68)
Sunday – LHP Vito Morgese (0-3, 4.97) vs. TBD
Senior Steve Theetge (Syracuse, N.Y.) will once again toe the rubber on Friday for the Bulldogs. He enters the weekend with 27 career victories, one shy of tying Craig Schlitter for second all-time and three behind Peter Kelich for first. Sophomore Tyler Mattison (Fort Ann, N.Y.) slots into Saturday after matching his career high with seven strikeouts last weekend, while junior Vito Morgese (Warwick, N.Y.) starts on Sunday.
- Bryant owns a 35-4 lead in the all-time series with Fairleigh Dickinson.
- The Bulldogs are 23-1 against the Knights in the regular-season over the last six seasons.
- Bryant and FDU have also met three times in the NEC Tournament, including the 2016 NEC title game.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the week at 17-10 overall and 4-2 in NEC play.
- The Bulldogs have posted NEC series victories over Central Connecticut and LIU Brooklyn.
- Bryant leads the NEC in nearly every offensive category entering the third week of league play.
- The Bulldogs posted their first shutout of the season on Wednesday at URI.
- Bryant's pitching staff has posted a 1.62 ERA over the last 10 games. The Bulldogs are 8-2 in that stretch and the pitching staff has held opponents to a .204 team batting average.
- Senior Nick Angelini (Bedford, N.H.) is hitting .500 with seven RBI and seven runs scored in six league games.
- Redshirt sophomore Jimmy Titus (Stafford, Conn.) has driven in 11 runs in six NEC games and 22 runs in his last 10.
Scouting the Knights
- FDU enters the weekend at 4-20-1 and 2-4 in NEC play. The Knights have lost NEC series to Mount St. Mary's and Sacred Heart.
- The Knights own a .251 team batting average and a team ERA of 8.78.
- Adam Frank leads the team with a .317 average and seven doubles, while Sal Monticcolo has hit a league-leading seven home runs.
Bryant welcomes regional rival University of Connecticut to Conaty Park on Tuesday, Apr. 9. First pitch is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.