SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University baseball team returns to Northeast Conference play with a three-game series at Central Connecticut beginning Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
Opponent: Central Connecticut
Location: CCSU Baseball Field (New Britain, Conn.)
Date and Time: Apr. 18 – 1:30 p.m. | Apr. 19 – 1:00 p.m. | Apr. 20 – 1:00 p.m.
Watch: CCSU Blue Devils Facebook
Live Stats: Thursday | Friday | Saturday
Game Notes: Bryant
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #TCD | #NECBASE
- Bryant owns a 34-11 lead in the all-time series with Central Connecticut.
- The Bulldogs won two-of-three against the Blue Devils at Conaty Park in March.
- Bryant won 12-3 and 14-4 but lost the middle game, 6-5.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend at 25-12 overall after splitting a pair of midweek games with Rhode Island and Quinnipiac.
- The Bulldogs have scored 10+ runs in four-straight games and are averaging 8.9 runs per game which is fifth nationally.
- Bryant also ranks 5th in average (.315), sixth in doubles (84), third in hits (429), seventh in home runs per game (1.46) and fifth in slugging (.505).
- Junior James Ciliento (Mahwah, N.J.) ranks ninth nationally with 49 runs scored on the year. He's also driven in 40 and has eight home runs.
- Redshirt sophomore Jimmy Titus (Stafford, Conn.) also ranks ninth nationally with 48 RBI on the year. He leads the NEC with nine home runs.
Scouting the Blue Devils
- The Blue Devils enter the weekend at 15-12 overall and 5-4 in the NEC. They are in second place.
- Buddy Dewaine is hitting .300 with 12 RBI and Dave Matthews has two home runs and a team-high 17 RBI.
Bryant will have three days off before welcoming Boston College to Conaty Park on Wednesday, April 24.