SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team returns home this weekend as it welcomes Fordham to Beirne Stadium on Homecoming and Reunion Weekend. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Location: Beirne Stadium | Smithfield, R.I.
Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.
Watch Live: NEC FrontRow
Listen Live: WOON 1240 or onworldwide.com
Live Stats: Sidearm
- Bryant Athletics will be honoring the former championship teams from the 2s and 7s during halftime of Saturday's game.
- The Bulldogs will welcome back the 1967 men's basketball team, the 2007 NE-10 Champion football and lacrosse teams, the 2012 Northeast Conference Regular-Season Champion baseball team and the 2012 NEC Tournament champion men's lacrosse team.
- Bryant and Fordham will be meeting for the third time on Saturday.
- The series is currently tied 1-1, with each team winning at home.
- Fordham defeated Bryant, 35-7, in 2010, while the Bulldogs returned the favor with a 44-30 victory in 2011.
- In the 2011 victory, former Bryant great Jordan Brown rushed for three touchdowns and also returned a punt 70 yards for a score.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant is averaging 462.3 yards per game through the first three weeks of the season. The Bulldogs have averaged over 400 yards in a season just once in program history (2006).
- The Black and Gold currently lead the league in total offense, pass offense (345.7) and first downs (74).
- Bryant also leads the NEC in time possession (33:04) and opponent third down percentage (36.0).
- First-year starting QB Price Wilson (Marietta, Ga.) leads the Northeast Conference with 1,026 passing yards (342 avg.) through the first two games. He is the only QB in the league that is averaging over 300 yards passing. Wilson also ranks third nationally in passing yards and fifth nationally in yards per game.
- Senior Matt Sewall (Portsmouth, R.I.) ranks first in the NEC in receptions per game (7.0) and second in receiving yards per game (89.3). He jumped into the Bryant top 10 in career yards (8th), career receptions (7th) and career TD receptions (T-4th).
- Redshirt sophomore Jean Constant (Delray Beach, Fla.) and Sewall rank 1-3 in the NEC in all-purpose yards per game. Constant is averaging 151.3, while Sewall is at 130.3 per game.
- Senior Tom Kennedy (Farmingdale, N.Y.) made eight catches for 137 yards last week at Brown. He became just the ninth different Bulldog to record a 100-yard receiving game.
- Redshirt sophomore Richard Ukele (East Longmeadow, Mass.) and junior Thomas Costigan (Stamford, Conn.) both rank in the top 10 in the NEC in tackles. Ukele is second with 9.3 per game, while Costigan is seventh with 7.0 per game.
- Costigan also leads the NEC in sacks with 4.5 and ranks fourth in tackles for a loss with 5.0.
A bit about the Rams
- Fordham has the fifth-most wins (41) of any FCS team over the last five years and have qualified for the FCS Playoffs in three of the last four seasons.
- The Rams are off to a 1-2 start this year, dropping games to FBS-member Army and No. 12 Eastern Washington, while defeating Central Connecticut.
- Fordham is led by All-America running back Chase Edmonds. A two-time finalist for the FCS Player of the Year Award, Edmonds has rushed for over 5,000 yards in his illustrious career but has missed time this season with an injury.
- QB Kevin Anderson has thrown for 689 yards this season and for over 6,000 in his career.
- Glenn Cunningham leads Fordham with 22 tackles, while Antonio Jackson has posted three interceptions in the last two weeks.
One Ticket, Two Events
Saturday marks a full day of festivities as part of Homecoming and Reunion Weekend. The Bulldogs host Fordham at 1 p.m. at Beirne Stadium, which will be followed by the Bryant volleyball match vs. LIU Brooklyn at 5 p.m. Tickets for Saturday's football game will be good for admission to the volleyball match.
Get Rewarded for Being a Bulldog Fan
Fans, you can now get rewarded for attending Bryant Athletics events! Download the Bryant Bulldogs Rewards App on your mobile device, check in at home athletic events and become eligible for exclusive prizes! Just search "Bryant Bulldogs Rewards" in your favorite app store today, and start getting rewarded!