SMITHFIELD, R.I. – With the Bryant University football team set to open camp on August 6, BryantBulldogs.com breaks down the Black and Gold position by position.
Tight Ends / Offensive Line
Returning: Hayden Panagos (Hillsborough, N.J.), Declan Burt (Lynnfield, Mass.), Andrew Schultz (Eastchester, N.Y.), Mike Andrejco (Wall, N.J.), Cole Cronin (Wrightstown, N.J.), Thomas Durkin (Madison, Conn.), Shawn Gholson (Dinwiddie, Va.), Andrew Jones (Kennett Square, Pa.), Krishen Khurana (Forest Hills, N.Y.), Finn Littlefield (Nashua, N.H.), Kyle Mann (Cutler Bay, Fla.), Pete Mestre (Shelton, Conn.), Matt Murchison (Guilford, Conn.), Mark O'Brien (Basking Ridge, N.J.), Stephen Olive (Chelmsford, Mass.), Robert Perez (Miami, Fla.), Matt Steeves (Southington, Conn.), Nolan Wilson (Wenham, Mass.)
Position Coach: Ryan Mattison and Ben Martin
Notes and Notables
- Bryant lists 23 tight ends and offensive linemen on its roster heading into August camp. Of those 23, 18 are returners.
- At tight end, Panagos will serve as an H-back and is coming off a breakout season in 2017. He caught seven passes for 87 yards and a touchdown, while also proving to be a valuable blocker.
- Burt came on strong at the end of his true freshman season in 2017, playing in each of the final six games.
- The offensive line will be one of Bryant's most experienced units this season. Bryant returns 53 starts on the offensive line.
- Gholson returns for his final season in Smithfield and has served as the starting left guard in each of the last 22 games.
- Mestre is also a fifth-year senior and has started 22-straight games. He started all 11 games at left tackle.
- Jones took over as Bryant's primary center last season, playing in all 11 games and making nine starts.
- Mann and Wilson were the newest members of the offensive line last season. Mann moved from fullback and was Bryant's starting right guard in all 11 games. Wilson moved in from tight end and appeared in all 11 games and made five starts.
- Incoming freshman Daniel Daley is the first student-athlete from Bridgeport Military Academy to play at the Division I level.
- Mann excelled as a football player and as a wrestler at Christopher Columbus High School in Florida. He was named an All-American in wrestling and was the Wrestling Cadet Greco state champ.
The Bryant University football team begins its 20th season on September 1 vs. New Haven. Tickets are available at BryantBulldogs.com/Tickets.