SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team faces its first road test of the season as it crosses the Long Island Sound to face No. 23/24 Stony Brook on Saturday. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.
Opponent: Stony Brook
Location: LaValle Stadium (Stony Brook, N.Y.)
Kickoff: 6:00 p.m.
Watch Live: StonyBrookAthletics.com
Listen Live: WOON 1240 AM/99.3 FM or onworldwide.com
Live Stats: Sidearm
Game Notes: Bryant | Stony Brook
- Saturday will be the fourth meeting between Bryant and Stony Brook.
- The Seawolves lead the all-time series, 2-1.
- Bryant won the most recent meeting, 13-7, in 2014. Chad Ward's 31-yard TD reception late in the third quarter gave the Bulldogs the lead for good.
20th Season of Bryant Football
- Bryant Athletics is celebrating the "20th Season of Bryant Football" in 2018-19.
- The Bulldogs began the program in 1998 and played their first varsity season in 1999.
Facing a nationally-ranked opponent
- Bryant will be facing a nationally-ranked opponent for the seventh time since moving to the Division I level. The Bulldogs are 2-4 in those games, posting wins over Robert Morris (2010) and Maine (2014).
- The highest-ranked team the Black and Gold have faced was No. 1 Coastal Carolina in 2015.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant opened the 2018 season with a 41-31 victory over New Haven last Saturday at Beirne Stadium.
- The Bulldogs posted 342 yards of total offense and intercepted four passes on their way to victory.
- Redshirt junior Jean Constant (Delray Beach, Fla.) returned the opening kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown and finished with a career-high 218 all-purpose yards.
- Constant also added a career-high 10 catches for a career-high 118 yards and a career-high three TDs.
- Redshirt senior Price Wilson (Marietta, Ga.) finished 28-of-36 for 259 yards and four touchdowns in the opener. It was his third game of 4+ TD passes.
- True freshman David Zorrilla (Everett, Mass.) recorded his first-career catch and touchdown against New Haven.
- Junior Zahir Williams (Bronx, N.Y.) led Bryant with his first-career multi-interception game. Junior Robert Brown (Palmetto Bay, Fla.) and senior Thomas Costigan (Stamford, Conn.) also intercepted passes.
A bit about the Seawolves
- Stony Brook is coming off a 10-win season in 2017. The Seawolves advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- The Seawolves return 12 starters and 20 seniors this year. Of those 20, 17 are fifth-year seniors.
- Stony Brook opened its 2018 season at FBS-member Air Force, falling 38-0.
- Starting QB Joe Carbone is back for Stony Brook after throwing for 2,470 yards, 23 touchdowns and just eight interceptions.
- The Bulldogs return home next weekend for their first-ever home night game.
- Kickoff is set for 6:00 p.m. against Marist.
- Tickets can be purchased at BryantBulldogs.com/Tickets