SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team plays its first game at Beirne Stadium this season when it welcomes Fordham on Saturday afternoon. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.
Location: Beirne Stadium (Smithfield, R.I.)
Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.
Watch Live: NECFrontRow
Live Stats: BryantBulldogs.com
Game Notes: Bryant | Fordham
- Bryant and Fordham will be meeting for the fifth time in program history on Saturday.
- The Bulldogs own a 3-1 lead in the series, having won each of the last three games.
- The last three meetings have all been high scoring, with an average final score of 43-37.
- Last season, Luke Samperi (Beverly, Mass.) hit a 42-yard field goal as time expired to give the Black and Gold a walk-off victory.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters Saturday's contest 0-2 on the young season. The Bulldogs' first two games have come against CAA members.
- Samperi has kicked a field goal in each of the first two games and is now 3-for-4 in his career. He hit a career-high 49-yard field goal at Stony Brook.
- Sophomore Daniel Adeboboye (Toronto, Ont.) is averaging 66 yards per game on the ground. He rushed for a career-high 79 yards at Albany.
- Senior Vincent Nisivoccia (Nutley, N.J.) is currently ranked ninth nationally with 174 all-purpose yards per game. He's also posted eight receptions in each of the first two games.
- Classmate Jesse Nemerowicz (Hudson, Mass.) posted 11 tackles last week at Albany and now has 244 in his career. He ranks third among active FCS players with 8.3 tackles per game.
A bit about the Rams
- The Rams are 0-2 on the year, falling to Central Connecticut and FBS-member Ball State.
- Fordham's season opener with CCSU came down to the wire as the Blue Devils won on a field goal as time expired.
- Zach Davis is averaging 97 yards per game on the ground, while Tim DeMorat is averaging 207.5 yards per game through the air.
- Hamze El-Zayat has 11 catches for 132 yards and two TDs.
- Glenn Cunningham has posted 17 tackles, 2.5 TFLs, a sack and an interception on the year.
- Bryant continues its three-game homestand next weekend against in-state rival Brown.
- Kickoff is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.
Season and single-game tickets are also on sale now at www.bryantbulldogs.com/tickets.