SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team welcomes Long Island University to Beirne Stadium Saturday afternoon for the #NECFB on ESPN3 Game of the Week. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:05 p.m.
Opponent: Long Island University
Location: Beirne Stadium (Smithfield, R.I.)
Kickoff: 1:05 p.m.
Watch Live: ESPN3
Live Stats: BryantBulldogs.com
Game Notes: Bryant | LIU
- Bryant and Long Island will be meeting for the first time as FCS members.
- The two teams played seven times as NE-10 members, with then-called C.W. Post winning six.
- The Black and Gold won the last meeting between the two teams in 2007, 24-17, on their way to a second-straight NE-10 title.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters Saturday at 1-5 overall and 0-1 in Northeast Conference play following a 24-17 victory over Merrimack last Saturday.
- Redshirt junior Alfred Dorbor (Pawtucket, R.I.) rushed for a career-high 138 yards and broke a 17-17 tie with a six-yard TD run with 1:20 left in the third quarter.
- Senior Vincent Nisivoccia (Nutley, N.J.) caught eight more passes and now has 50 in the first six games. The 50 receptions are tied for the third-most in a single season in program history.
- Nisivoccia also ranks in the top 10 nationally with 8.3 receptions per game.
- Nisivoccia is also on pace to become the first player in school history with 1,500+ receiving yards, 1,000+ return yards and 3,000+ all-purpose yards.
- Classmate Jesse Nemerowicz (Hudson, Mass.) enters Saturday's game wit 278 career tackles, just seven shy of tying Thomas Costigan's program record of 285.
- Freshman Anthony Frederick (Hollywood, Fla.) is averaging 15.0 yards per catch and has 21 receptions for 314 yards on the year.
- Senior Tomas Wright (St. Augustine, Fla.) enters Saturday's game with 25.5 sacks, just 3.0 shy of Jeff Covitz's program record.
A bit about the Sharks
- LIU played as LIU Post at the DII level until LIU Post and LIU Brooklyn (DI) merged their athletic departments last year.
- At the DII level, LIU Post went 30-4 over the last three seasons.
- This year, the Sharks are 0-4 overall and 0-3 in the NEC play after a 21-14 loss to Duquesne.
- The Sharks are averaging just 236 yards of total offense per game but put up 344 last week.
- Clay Beathard has completed 48-of-95 passes for 610 yards and three TDs.
- Jerome Brooks III has 40 tackles and Ricco Aaron Jr. has 4.5 TFLs.
- Bryant hits the road for the rest of October, starting with a trip to Central Connecticut on Oct. 19.
- Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. in New Britain.
Season and single-game tickets are also on sale now at www.bryantbulldogs.com/tickets.