SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team travels to New Britain, Connecticut, this weekend for a matchup with league-leading Central Connecticut. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.
- Bryant and CCSU are meeting for the 12th time in program history on Saturday.
- The Blue Devils own a 7-4 lead in the all-time series, having won three of the last four meetings.
- Last season, Bryant jumped out to a 14-0 lead only to see CCSU score the final 48 points.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters Saturday at 2-5 overall and 1-1 in the Northeast Conference following a 27-22 victory over Long Island last Saturday.
- Sophomore Daniel Adeboboye (Toronto, Ont.) rushed for a career-high 145 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries in the win.
- Senior Tomas Wright (St. Augustine, Fla.) was named the NEC Defensive Player of the Week after posting seven tackles, 2.0 sacks, 4.5 TFLs and two forced fumbles in the game.
- Wright enters week eight with 27.5 career sacks and 39.0 career TFLs in 40 career games. He's second in program history in sacks, two behind Jeff Covitz.
- Junior Andre Brackett (East Windsor, Conn.) added some excitement, returning the opening kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown against LIU. It was his first-career score.
- Senior Jesse Nemerowicz (Hudson, Mass.) enters the game with 280 tackles, just five shy of tying the program record.
- Bryant enters the game ranked fifth nationally in passing efficiency defense and 11th nationally in passing yards allowed per game.
A bit about the Blue Devils
- Central Connecticut enters the game at 5-1 overall and 1-0 in NEC play.
- The Blue Devils' only loss came at Eastern Michigan, a game they were winning with under a minute left.
- CCSU leads the NEC in scoring offense (32.5), scoring defense (20.7), total offense (437.3) and total defense (297.8).
- The Blue Devils are averaging 226 yards per game on the ground and opponents have averaged just 86.3 yards on the ground.
- Transfer QB Aaron Winchester has won NEC Offensive Player of the Week honors each of the last two weeks and is averaging 276.8 yards of total offense per game this season.
- Tyshaun James has scored a league-leading nine touchdowns.
- CCSU has posted 11 interceptions as a defense, led by three from Kendall Coles.
- Bryant makes its longest trip of the year next week when it heads to Moon Township, Pa., to take on Robert Morris.
- The game will be the #NECFB on ESPN3 Game of the Week and will kickoff at 12:05 p.m.
Season and single-game tickets are also on sale now at www.bryantbulldogs.com/tickets.