SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team returns to Beirne Stadium on Saturday when it welcomes Sacred Heart on Family and Friends Weekend. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.
Opponent: Sacred Heart
Location: Beirne Stadium (Smithfield, R.I.)
Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.
Watch Live: NECFrontRow.com
Live Stats: BryantBulldogs.com
Game Notes: Bryant | SHU
- Bryant and Sacred Heart are meeting for the 12th time in program history.
- The Pioneers own a 6-5 lead in the all-time series following a 49-26 victory last November.
- The Black and Gold won the most recent meeting at Beirne Stadium, 48-45, in 2017.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters Saturday at 2-7 overall and 1-3 in the Northeast Conference following a 24-20 loss at Robert Morris last Saturday.
- Senior Jesse Nemerowicz (Hudson, Mass.) became Bryant's all-time leader in tackles last week, surpassing Thomas Costigan. Nemerowicz now has 289 career tackles.
- Classmate Tomas Wright (St. Augustine, Fla.) inched closer to the career sack record last week and now has 28.5 in his career. He is 1.0 sack shy of tying the program record and 2.5 shy of tying the new NEC record set by Wagner's Cam Gill last weekend.
- Sophomore Harrison Easton (Miami, Fla.) has shifted spots in the Bryant backfield the last two weeks, rushing for 76 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries.
- Grad student Hunter Hill (Memphis, Tenn.) has caught TD passes in back-to-back weeks and now has a team-high four on the year.
- Senior Robert Brown (Palmetto Bay, Fla.) posted a career-high 14 tackles last week and enters Saturday just 17 tackles shy of 200 in his career.
A bit about the Pioneers
- Sacred Heart is 2-2 in NEC play and 4-4 overall after a 36-33 overtime victory at Saint Francis U last Saturday.
- The Pioneers are third in the league in scoring offense (25.4) and second in total offense (394.4).
- SHU, however, ranks last in the league in total defense (449.2) and pass defense (282.1).
- Logan Marchi leads all NEC QBs in passing yardage (249 per game) and Julius Chestnut is the league's top rusher (113 per game).
- Bryant will enjoy its only bye week of the 2019 season next Saturday.
- The Bulldogs return the action on Nov. 16 when they host Duquesne in the final home game of 2019.
Season and single-game tickets are also on sale now at www.bryantbulldogs.com/tickets.