SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University football team plays its final home game of the 2019 season on Saturday when it welcomes Duquesne to Beirne Stadium. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.
Bryant will honor its 23-member senior class prior to kickoff.
Location: Beirne Stadium (Smithfield, R.I.)
Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.
Watch Live: NECFrontRow
Live Stats: BryantBulldogs.com
Game Notes: Bryant | Duquesne
- Bryant and Duquesne are meeting for the 12th time in program history on Saturday.
- The Bulldogs own a 7-4 lead in the all-time series, having won five of the last six.
- Bryant is the only NEC team to have a winning record against the Dukes.
- Last season, Bryant earned a 21-20 victory over the eventual league champs.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters Saturday at 2-8 overall and 1-4 in the Northeast Conference following a 24-17 loss to Sacred Heart two weeks ago. Bryant had a bye week last Saturday.
- Senior Jesse Nemerowicz (Hudson, Mass.) became the first player in school history to record 300 tackles in a career with 12 against the Pioneers. He also returned an interception for a touchdown.
- Classmate Tomas Wright (St. Augustine, Fla.) became Bryant's all-time leader in sacks with 30.5 in his career. He has posted 9.0 this season, ranking second in the NEC.
- Wright is one of only three players in NEC history to have 30+ career sacks.
- Robert Brown (Palmetto Bay, Fla.), another senior, has posted 14 tackles in each of his last two games and now has 197 in his career. With three more stops, Brown would become the 13th player in school history with 200 career tackles.
- Brown also ranks second in the NEC in tackles per game this year.
A bit about the Dukes
- Duquesne enters the weekend at 6-3 overall and 4-1 in the NEC following a 41-21 loss at Robert Morris last week.
- The Dukes, who were picked as league favorites, now trail CCSU and Robert Morris by a game in the standings.
- Duquesne is led by senior running back A.J. Hines, the active leading rusher in the FCS (4,513 yards).
- The Dukes are also tops in the league in first downs allowed per game and passing yards allowed.
- Bryant wraps up the 2019 season next Saturday at Wagner.
- Kickoff is set for 12:00 p.m. on Staten Island.
Season and single-game tickets are also on sale now at www.bryantbulldogs.com/tickets.