SMITHFIELD, R.I. -- The Bryant University field hockey team will take on Northeastern Sunday afternoon in the consolation game of the Terrier Classic, hosted by Boston University. The game is slated for a 1 p.m. start at BU's New Balance Field.
Game Time: 1:00 p.m. EDT
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast
- Sunday's encounter between the two programs will be the first-ever in program history.
- The Bulldogs are 1-2 all-time against current Colonial Athletic Association opponents, last meeting with the Delaware Blue Hens in 2011.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs are looking for their first win of the 2017 season after falling to Boston University on Friday.
- Bryant's captains are the senior unit of Grace Farrell (Milford, Pennsylvania), Keighan Richardson (Attleboro, Massachusetts, and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine).
- Sophomore goalkeeper Miranda Grundy (Smithfield, Rhode Island) made her first start as a Bulldog on Friday at Boston University, making six saves in goal.
- With a win, the Bulldogs will earn their first August victory since 2012, when they topped Colgate 3-2.
A bit about the Huskies
- Northeastern fell to New Hampshire, 4-3 in overtime, in the first round of the Terrier Classic. Four different Huskies scored goals for NU.
- Huskies redshirt-senior Jamie Bartucca was named to the 2017 Preseason All-CAA team, while junior June Curry-Lindahl was named as an honorable mention by the conference.
- Northeastern is led by Cheryl Murtagh, who is in her 30th season at the head coach of the Huskies. Coming into Sunday's action, Murtagh has led the NU program to a 382-232-10 record since taking the helm.