SMITHFIELD, R.I. -- The Bryant University field hockey team will travel to Orono, Maine to take on the Black Bears in its third game of the season on Tuesday. The game is set to begin at 3 p.m. and will be played at the UMaine Field Hockey Complex.
Opponent: University of Maine
Game Time: 3 p.m. EDT
Watch Live: America East TV
Live Stats: Side Arm
- The teams have met on nine occasions in head-to-head matchups all-time. Maine holds an 9-0 series lead over the Bulldogs.
- Both sides met last season in a home game for Bryant, where Maine escaped with a 2-0 win.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs are looking for their first win against a ranked opponent in the Division I-era.
- Freshman Madison Demand (Watertown, New Jersey) scored the first goal of the season for the Bryant with a first-half strike against Northeastern on Aug. 27.
- With a win, the Black and Gold will earn their first August victory since 2012 when they topped Colgate, 3-2.
- Bryant's captains in 2017 are seniors Grace Farrell (Milford, Pennsylvania), Keighan Richardson (Attleboro, Massachusetts), and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine).
A bit about the Black Bears
- Maine comes into Tuesday's matchup with a 1-1 record on the season. The Black Bears met Providence to open the season, falling to the Friars 1-0. Maine bounced back and topped Quinnipiac, 3-1, on Aug. 27.
- The Black Bears are led offensively by Libby Reidl and Samantha Wagg, who each have a goal and assist each in 2017. Casey Crowley, a 2016 America East All-Conference midfielder, also returns to Maine this season.
- Maine is led by head coach Josette Babineau, who enters her 10th season at the university. Babineau has led the Black Bears to a 103-73 record heading into Tuesday's matchup.