SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Bryant University field hockey closes out the regular season with two games this weekend. The Bulldogs will play host to Monmouth on Friday before traveling to Loudonville, N.Y. to take on Siena on Sunday. Friday's game will be played at 4 p.m. and will include Bryant's senior day ceremony, while Saturday's game is slated for a 1 p.m. start.
The senior day ceremony will take part prior to the start of Friday's game. The field hockey program will be honoring the hard work and dedication from its three seniors: Grace Farrell (Milford, Pa.), Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.), and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine). The trio has combined to play 150 games for Bryant in the past four years and was an enormous part of last years' team that earned a two-seed in the MAAC Tournament.
Opponent: Monmouth University
Date: Oct. 27, 2017
Location: Goldberger Family Field (Providence, R.I.)
Game Time: 4 p.m. EDT
Live Stats: Presto
- Friday will be the 10th overall meeting between Bryant and Monmouth.
- The Hawks lead the all-time series with the Bulldogs, 8-1.
A bit about the Hawks
- Monmouth enters Friday's game with a 12-3 record and a 3-1 mark in conference play. The team was ranked 25th in the Sept. 19 NFHCA Coaches Poll.
- Last season, Monmouth won the MAAC Tournament and represented the conference in the NCAA Tournament, falling to Massachusetts in the Play-In game, 4-3.
- Last year's MAAC Player of the Year, Julie Laszlo, leads Monmouth in scoring with 22 assists and five goals to total 32 points. Josephine van der Hoop and Kelly Hanna each have 12 goals to lead the team.
- In goal, Christen Piersanti has started 14 games for the Hawks, posting an 11-3 record with a .667 save percentage. She is allowing just 1.33 goals per game.
- Monmouth is coached by Carli Figlio, who is in her 11th season at the university. She is a two-time MAAC Coach of the Year and has posted a 104-88 record coming into Friday's game.
Opponent: Siena College
Date: Oct. 29, 2017
Location: Siena Turf Field (Loudonville, N.Y.)
Game Time: 1 p.m. EDT
Live Stats: GameTracker
- Friday will be the 10th overall meeting between Siena and Bryant, having met every season since Bryant joined Division I in 2008.
- The Bulldogs hold an 8-1 all-time advantage over the Saints. The teams last met on Oct. 23 of last year, when Bryant topped Siena, 5-1.
A bit about the Saints
- Siena enters the weekend with an 0-15 record and is 0-4 in conference play. The Saints will play Fairfield on Friday before hosting the Bulldogs on Sunday.
- Stephanie Hand leads Siena in scoring this season, having scored 5 goals on the year. She has played in all 15 games for the Saints, making five starts. Nicole Miller leads Siena with three assists and has also scored a goal, totaling five points.
- In goal, Siena is led by Mary Crumlish. Crumlish has played in and started all 15 games for the Saints, and averages 9.1 saves-per-game. Her goals-allowed average is 3.71 and her save percentage is .712.
- Siena is coached by Kara Velez, who is concluding her sixth season with the Saints.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Bryant heads into the game vs. Monmouth with a 3-14 record and a 1-3 mark in conference play.
- In order to make the playoffs, the Bulldogs will need to win both games this weekend.
- Sophomore Floor van Dommelen (Berg en Dal, Netherlands) leads the team in scoring heading into the final weekend. van Dommelen has four goals and three assists to total 11 points, her same total from last season. She has scored a point in each of her last two games (assisted vs. Sacred Heart, scored vs. LIU Brooklyn).
- Freshman Alex Neumann (Auckland, New Zealand) is second on the team in scoring this season. Neumann has scored four goals and has two assists. In a win over Brown, Neumann scored two goals, including the game-winning score.
- Senior Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.) leads Bryant with four assists this season. Richardson serves as the primary inserter on penalty corners for the Bulldogs.
- Victoria Newbill (Wilton, Maine) continues to build on her impressive junior season. The junior has set a career high in points already in 2017, having scored two goals and assisting on three others, giving her seven points. Her previous career high was four, which she set in her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- Bryant has had eight of its goals scored by freshmen in 2017. Neumann leads the team with four, while Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y.) has found the back of the goal twice. Kylie Nelson (Searsmont, Maine) and Madison Demand (Waretown, N.J.) have each added a goal for the season.
- Freshman goalkeeper Lyndsay Swanston (Burlington, Ont.) has been a force in the net since assuming starting duties. In conference play, Swanston has a 2.00 goals-allowed average in four games against conference opponents, while also posting a .750 save percentage.
- Junior Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.) scored the game-winning goal during the team's win over Colgate on Sept. 24. It was the fifth game-winning goal of Perryman's career, having two each in her freshman and sophomore seasons.
- Bryant's captains in 2017 are seniors Grace Farrell (Milford, Pa.), Keighan Richardson (North Attleboro, Mass.), and Bethany Winkin (Winslow, Maine). Friday's game will mark their final game in Rhode Island as members of the Bryant field hockey program.