SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey team will take on VCU on Sunday in the consolation game of the River Hawk Classic, hosted by UMass Lowell. The game is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. at Cushing Field
Date: Aug. 26, 2018
Location: Cushing Field (Lowell, Mass.)
Game Time: 11:30 a.m.
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Live Stream: Stretch Internet
- Sunday's game will be the first-ever in program history.
- The Bulldogs are 7-11 all-time against Atlantic 10 opponents, last meeting with La Salle in 2013.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Bryant opened the season falling to UMass Lowell 3-0.
- The Bulldogs had nine shots in the match with three of them being on goal.
- Junior Clare Luttrell (Freehold, N.J.) led the team in shots on goal tallying two on the day.
- Rookie Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) recorded four saves in her first showing as a Bulldog.
- With a win, the Bulldogs will earn their first August win since 2012, when they beat Colgate 3-2.
A bit about the River Hawks
- The Rams opened their season being topped by Hofstra in a penalty shootout 3-2.
- VCU outshot Hofstra 30-4 with 18 of those shots on frame.
- Emily McNamara scored both goals on the day leading the team with 11 shots and eight on goal.
- VCU is led by Stacey Bean, who is in her second season as the head coach of the Rams. In her first year, she led the team to a 14-6 season falling to UMass in the A-10 Championship Semi-Finals.