SMITHFIELD, R.I. – After a tough overtime loss to Columbia, the Bryant University field hockey team will meet with nationally-ranked Harvard on Sunday.
Date: Sept. 30, 2018
Location: Berylson Family Field (Boston, Mass.)
Game Time: 2 p.m.
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast
Live Stream: ESPN+
- The Bulldogs are currently 1-6 against the Crimson, most recently falling to Harvard in 2015, 5-2.
- Bryant's only win over Harvard occurred in 2013, 2-1.
A bit about the Wildcats
- Harvard moved to the 12 spot in the national rankings this week after previously being ranked 20th.
- Harvard enters the weekend with a record of 7-1 as they travel to Philadelphia to meet with conference foe Penn on Saturday.
- The Crimson's only loss came against undefeated Maryland, 3-1.
- Junior Bente van Vlijmen leads the Crimson with eight goals and 21 points. The junior also records the second most assists on the team with five, behind fellow junior Casey Allen who has seven. Allen's assist efforts rank her at sixth in the country for assists per game.
- Freshman Ellie Shahbo has been the main goalkeeper for Harvard this year as she has compiled 15 saves with a save percentage of .789. Shahbo's goals against average of 0.97 places her at fifth in the country and first in the Ivy League.
- Tjerk van Herwaarden leads Harvard for his seventh season as head coach.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend after losing to Columbia, 2-1, in an overtime thriller on Sunday.
- Freshman Brittany Gouws (Cape Town, South Africa) netted her first career goal off of a penalty stroke against the Lions.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) has compiled a total of 67 saves on the season as she stopped eight shots against Columbia. Sophomore Lyndsay Swanston (Burlington, Ont.) saw time in the cage last weekend as she played the entire second half against New Hampshire on Friday. The sophomore made a total of three saves which puts her at seven for the season.