SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey team kicks off conference play this weekend as they travel to Fairfield on Friday and Monmouth on Sunday.
Date: Oct. 5, 2018
Location: University Field (Fairfield, Conn.)
Game Time: 4 p.m.
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Live Stream: Facebook Live Stream
- Friday marks the seventh meeting between the Bulldogs and the Stags.
- Fairfield currently leads the series, 5-1, as the Stags topped the Bulldogs last season 3-2.
A bit about the Stags
- Fairfield enters conference play with a record of 9-2 after falling to Drexel, 4-1, and most recently to Boston College, 3-0, on Sunday.
- Danielle Profita leads the Stags with 18 points, seven goals, and four assists. Profita tallied a season-high of six points against Lehigh where the sophomore netted two goals and two assists in the 5-0 victory.
- Zoe Rosen is the primary goalkeeper for the Stags as she has played and started in every game except for one. Rosen has compiled 40 saves so far for the year with three shutout performances.
- Jackie Kane leads the Stags in her 26th season.
Date: Oct. 7, 2018
Location: So Sweet A Cat Field (West Long Branch, N.J.)
Game Time: 1 p.m.
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast
- Sunday will be the 11th time in history that the two teams meet with Monmouth leading the series, 8-1, after topping the Bulldogs, 4-1, last season.
A bit about the Hawks
- The Hawks are entering the weekend with a 6-5 record before they host LIU Brooklyn. During Monmouth's first game of conference play, the Hawks topped Rider, 2-1.
- Georgia Garden Bachop leads the team with 15 points and seven goals. Garden Bachop scored both goals in the 2-1 victory over Rider on Friday.
- Gabi Millan has played and started in 10 games in the cage for the Hawks. Millan has made 41 saves so far in 2017 season compiling a save percentage of .661.
- Head Coach, Carli Figlio, is in her 12th season with the Hawks.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Senior Leyna DiMarco recorded her first defensive save of the year against No. 12 Harvard on Sunday.
- Freshman Marijn Jaarsma earned her third MAAC Rookie of the Week honors for her efforts of 13 saves on Sunday. Jaarsma now ranks 10th in the country for save percentage with .789 and 8th in the country for saves per game with 7.50.