SMITHFIELD, R.I. – After a weekend of conference play, the Bryant University field hockey team will host Northeastern at Brown University on Tuesday at 4 p.m.
Date: Oct. 9, 2018
Location: Goldberger Family Field (Providence, R.I.)
Game Time: 4 p.m.
Live Stats: Presto Stats
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
- Tuesday's meeting marks the second time the two programs have ever met.
- Last season, the Bulldogs fell to Northeastern, 8-1.
A bit about the Huskies
- The Huskies are coming off of a two-game winning streak beating Towson last Sunday and Hofstra on Friday. Northeastern currently holds a record of 4-8.
- June Curry-Lindahl leads the Huskies with 19 points, scoring eight goals and adding three assists so far on the season. Curry-Lindahl most recently contributed an assist in the team's win over Hofstra, and scored two goals in the 5-2 win over Towson.
- Julia Gluyas has started all 12 games in the cage for Northeastern, compiling 65 saves and a .684 save percentage.
- After serving three years as the associate head coach, Shelly Morris leads the Huskies in her first year as the Head Coach.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Haley Wood (Brownville, Vt.) netted her first goal of the season on Sunday as the Bulldogs fell to Monmouth, 6-2. Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y.) also scored on Sunday marking her third goal of the season.
- After Sunday's game, Burdick now leads the team with eight points and three goals.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) is ranked eighth in the country for saves per game with 7.33 and 11 in the country save percentage with .772.