PROVIDENCE, R.I. – In non-conference play, the Bryant University field hockey team fell to Northeastern, 3-0, Tuesday afternoon.
Records: Northeastern 5-8. Bryant 2-12
Location: Goldberger Family Field (Providence, R.I.)
Coach de Vries Comments
"Three games in five days is tough but tournament time is coming. I think we handled the pressure really well in the first half, and in the second half we came out stronger and had a couple of opportunities. As I've been saying for a couple weeks now, we have to take better care of the ball."
- Off of a penalty corner, June Curry-Lindahl got the ball to Megan Barrett at the top of the circle. Barrett stopped the ball for Rachel Campbell to get the first goal of the game.
- 34' – Northeastern 1, Bryant 0 – Curry-Lindahl took the eighth penalty corner for the Huskies and passed it to Barrett who set Campbell up for the shot that made its way through the Bulldog defense.
- 35' – Northeastern 2 – Bryant 0 – As the clock winded down with 26 seconds left, Angela Connolly dribbled the ball along the end line and passed the ball across the cage to Lexie Dunleavy who was waiting on the far post to tap it in.
- 57' – Northeastern 3, Bryant 0 – Kellie Stigas passed the ball across the circle to Bella Cuomo who was able to fire the ball into the back of the net.
- Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.) led the Bulldogs with two shots and one on goal. Pia Klupp (Hamburg, Germany) also put a shot on goal as the duo were the only Bulldogs to get a shot off.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) faced 15 shots making a total of 12 saves.
- Bryant was outshot, 22-3, and took fewer penalty corners than the Huskies. Northeastern tallied 11 corners while Bryant took its lone corner late in the second half.
The Bulldogs host Sacred Heart on Friday at Providence College at 4 p.m. for their pink game as they support Gloria Gemma. Official Bulldogs vs Breast Cancer t-shirts will be available for purchase for $10 with 100% of the proceeds going to the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.