PROVIDENCE, R.I. – In an eventful conference match up, Sacred Heart came out victorious over the Bulldogs, 2-1.
Records: Sacred Heart 7-7, Bryant 2-13
Location: Lennon Family Field (Providence, R.I.)
Coach de Vries Comments
"We did not play as opportunistic as Sacred Heart, but there are definitely positives that we can take away from that game. Now we have one week to prepare as best as we can for Rider."
- As the second half started to dwindle down, Colleen McAninley was able to find the back of the net during a series of plays off of a penalty corner for the winning goal.
- 42' – Sacred Heart 1, Bryant 0 – Kelsy Hopkins fired two shots at Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands). Jaarsma saved the first but was unsuccessful in stopping the second as Sacred Heart took the lead.
- 56' – Bryant 1, Sacred Heart 1 – Victoria Newbill (Wilton, Maine) dribbled into the circle and found Clare Luttrell (Freehold, N.J.) cutting towards the goal. Luttrell one touches the ball past the keeper to even the score.
- 65' Sacred Heart 2, Bryant 1 – During a penalty corner, the Bulldogs attempted to clear the ball from the circle. The ball was sent straight to McAninley who shot a laser into the cage.
- Luttrell's tying goal was her second of the season as Newbill also tallied her second assist.
- Jaarsma was faced with 13 shots and was successful in stopping 11.
- Five different Bulldogs took shots in today's game including Luttrell, Newbill, Pia Klupp (Hamburg, Germany), Brittany Gouws (Cape Town, South Africa), and Kylie Nelson (Searsmont, Maine).
- Leyna DiMarco (Glastonbury, Conn.) tallied her second defensive save of the year, sixth for her career.
The Bulldogs host Rider on Friday, October 19 at 4 p.m. for their senior day game. The game will be played at the Lennon Family Field on the campus of Providence College.