SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey honors its four seniors as they host Rider on Friday at 4 p.m. for Senior Day before traveling to New York for the final conference game of the season against LIU Brooklyn.
Date: Oct. 19, 2018
Location: Lennon Family Field
Game Time: 4 p.m.
Live Stats: Presto Stats
- Friday's matchup will be the 11th all-time meeting having met every year since Bryant joined Division I in 2008.
- Rider currently leads the series 8-2 as the Bulldogs topped the Broncos last season in a tight 1-0 showdown.
A bit about the Broncos
- Rider will enter Friday's game in an attempt to continue its five-game winning streak, most recently topping Lehigh, 4-2, last weekend.
- Tess Coorens leads the Broncos with 11 goals and 25 points on the year. Cooren's last pair of goals occurred in Rider's last game against Lehigh as the junior scored half of the team's goals during the contest.
- Lena Vandam is the only keeper to see time for Rider as she has played every minute of all 14 games this season. She has compiled 93 saves with a save percentage of .750. Vandam was a big factor in helping Rider top VCU, 2-1, as she was faced with 33 shots and made a career-high of 15 saves.
- Lori Hussong leads the Broncos in her 18th season as head coach.
Opponent: LIU Brooklyn
Date: Oct. 21, 2018
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
- Sunday marks the third ever meeting between the two teams with the series split 1-1.
- Bryant topped the Blackbirds, 6-0, in the first meeting two years ago, but LIU took home the second matchup last season, 3-2.
A bit about the Blackbirds
- LIU currently holds the same record as the Bulldogs of 2-12 as they head into the weekend. Before traveling to Rhode Island, the Blackbirds will face off with Fairfield on Friday.
- Rookie forward Eva Van Wakeren leads the team with eight goals, scoring a career-high of three to help the Blackbirds beat Lehigh, 6-2.
- Molly Jannell is the primary keeper for LIU stopping a total of 116 shots this season with a save percentage of .641.
- Kyle DeSandes-Moyer is in her first season as head coach.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Clare Luttrell (Freehold, N.J.) netted her second goal of the season last game to even the score with Sacred Heart in the second half.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) stopped 10 shots last game, giving her a total of 116 saves and a save percentage of .784 so far for the season. Jaarsma has climbed the national rankings and moved up to 5 in the country for saves per game with 8.00, and 7 in the country for save percentage.
- Victoria Newbill (Wilton, Maine) now leads the Bulldogs in assists as she tallied her second one of the season off of Luttrell's goal.