PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey team fell to Rider, 3-1, on Friday afternoon during Senior Day. Today the Bulldogs honored their four seniors, Leyna DiMarco (Glastonbury, Conn.), Victoria Newbill (Wilton, Maine), Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.), Haley Wood (Brownsville, Vt.).
Records: Rider 10-5, Bryant 2-14
Location: Lennon Family Field (Providence, R.I.)
Coach de Vries Comments
"It's been so hard for us this year to score goals but we played hard and with heart for 70 minutes. Today was one of the best games to watch because no matter what the circumstance was, we never got down on ourselves and we kept fighting for the entire game."
- During the 29th minute of play, Jessica Randazzo was able to dribble around the circle during a penalty corner and get a shot off that gave the Broncos the lead that they would not surrender.
- 7' – Rider 1, Bryant 0 – Off of a penalty corner, Brittany Romanczuk fired a shot at the cage and Brosious was able to redirect the shot into the direction of Marion Waterkeyn. Waterkeyn tapped the ball into the goal on the far post.
- 29' – Rider 2, Bryant 0 – During a penalty corner, Jessica Randazzo dribbled around the Bulldog defense and shot a laser that made its way into the goal.
- 35' – Bryant 1, Rider 2 – As time expired, the Bulldogs were granted a penalty corner. DiMarco took a shot from the top of the circle that was blocked. Brittany Gouws (Cape Town, South Africa) got the deflection and put the ball away for the lone Bulldog goal of the game.
- 46' – Rider 3, Bryant 1 – Rider took its final penalty corner of the game and got the ball to Tess van Ommeren who found Tess Coorens at the top of the circle. Coorens fired the ball into the back of the net.
- Gouws scored her second goal of the year.
- Perryman tied the all-time school record for most career starts with 72.
- Five different Bulldogs got shots off including Madison Demand (Waretown, N.J), Pia Klupp (Hamburg, Germany), Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y), DiMarco, and Gouws.
The Bulldogs travel to Brooklyn to take on LIU as they close out the conference schedule on Sunday October 21 at 1 p.m.