SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey team blanks LIU Brooklyn on Sunday afternoon as Kylie Nelson (Searsmont, Maine) and Leyna DiMarco (Glastonbury, Conn.) each score the two Bulldog goals.
Records: LIU 2-14, Bryant 3-14
Location: LIU Field (Brooklyn, N.Y.)
Coach de Vries Comments
"This is a good energy booster! We played with belief and we kept on fighting. Concentration in the backfield and fighting for 50/50 balls helped us stay in contention the whole time."
- After 21 minutes of play, Nelson scored the only goal that the Bulldogs needed to solidify a win. DiMarco passed the ball to Nelson in front of the net as she was able to tap it in.
- 21' – Bryant 1, LIU 0 – DiMarco gets her pass through a pair of LIU defenders to Nelson who was waiting for the ball in front of the cage. Nelson one-timed the ball past the keeper to put the Bulldogs up one.
- 47' – Bryant 2, LIU 0 – Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.) takes Bryant's seventh penalty corner of the game and gets the ball to DiMarco at the top of the circle. DiMarco blasts the ball into the back of the net.
- Nelson nets her third career goal, second on the season.
- DiMarco now leads the Bulldogs with seven points as she tallied a goal and an assist in today's game. She now leads alongside Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y.) with three goals.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) stopped five shots today recording her third career shutout.
- The Bulldogs led in every category including penalty corners, shots, and saves.
- At the start of today's game, Perryman broke the all-time record at Bryant for most career starts with 73.
The Bulldogs close out their 2018 season by traveling to Cornell on Sunday, October 28 at 1 p.m.