SMITHFIELD, R.I. – With the conclusion of conference play, the Bryant University field hockey team closes out its 2018 season with Cornell on Sunday at 1 p.m.
Date: Oct. 28, 2018
Location: Dodson Field (Ithaca, N.Y.)
Game Time: 1 p.m.
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Live Stream: ESPN+
- Sunday's meeting will be the second time in history that the two teams have met. The last time the Bulldogs faced the Big Red was in 2008 during Bryant's first year as Division I school.
- The Bulldogs fell to Cornell in the first ever meeting, 2-1.
A bit about the Big Red
- Cornell enters the weekend with a record of 3-11 as they host in-conference foe Princeton on Saturday.
- Maddy Conklin and Kirsten Pienaar lead the Big Red with seven points. Both players have scored three goals and tallied one assist on the season. Conklin's last goal came in Cornell's 3-1 victory over Colgate. Pienaar last scored against Lehigh to help the Big Red to a 2-0 outcome.
- Maddie Henry is the main goal keeper for Cornell as she has played and started in 13 out of 14 games. Henry has faced 198 shots this season and made a total 92 saves with a save percentage of .754.
- Donna Hornibrook leads the Big Red in her 15th season as Cornell's most winningest coach in field hockey history.
Bryant Notes and Notables
- Leyna DiMarco's (Glastonbury, Conn.) efforts on Sunday helped her compile seven points so far on the season which is the most on the Bulldog squad. DiMarco tallied a goal and an assist against LIU Brooklyn.
- Kylie Nelson (Searsmont, Maine) scored her second goal of the season on Sunday to help the Bulldogs to a 2-0 victory over LIU Brooklyn.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) faced five shots on Sunday stopping all five. Jaarsma now compiles 124 saves and leads the conference with her save percentage of .750.
- Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.) broke the all-time record at Bryant for most games started on Sunday with her 73rd career start.