LOCK HAVEN, Pa. – The Bryant University field hockey team fell to Lock Haven in the 2019 season opener, 1-0.
Records: Bryant 0-1, Lock Haven 1-0
Location: Charlotte E. Smith Field (Lock Haven, Pa.)
JOPPE DE VRIES COMMENTS
"We found our pace and urgency in the fourth quarter," said head coach Joppe de Vries. "If we can start a game that way, then we can put teams on their heels. Today, Lock Haven did that to us. They are a fast team which prepares us for Friday's game at Providence."
- The Bald Eagles played the ball into the circle to MacKenzie Farley with her back to the cage. Farley spun around the Bryant defender and found the back of the net for the lone goal of the day.
- The Bulldogs showed two solid chances for a goal with five minutes left to go in the game during back-to-back penalty corners. Sophomore Eva Bazen (The Hague, Netherlands) and junior Aisling Madden (Leeds, Yorkshire, England) both took chances for a goal, but Lock Haven's defense denied all shots to solidify the win.
- 9' – Lock Haven's senior MacKenzie Farley made a spin move past the Bryant defender and squeaked the ball past Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) to put the Bald Eagles on the board.
- Clare Luttrell (Freehold, N.J.), Bazen, and Madden each tallied one shot while Lutrell put one on frame.
- Jaarsma stopped seven shots while in between the posts.
- Lock Haven outshot Bryant, 16-3.
- The Bald Eagles continue to hold the all-time series record, 2-0.
Bryant returns to the Ocean State to take on in-state foes Providence and Brown in back-to-back games on Friday, Sept. 6 and Saturday, Sept. 7.