NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Bryant University field hockey team fell to 1-3 in Northeast Conference action after falling to Sacred Heart, 4-1, on Friday night.
Sacred Heart 4, Bryant 1
Records: Bryant (2-13, 1-3), Sacred Heart (3-11, 2-1)
Location: Johnson Field (New Haven, Conn.)
- After Sacred Heart tied the game in the second quarter, the Pioneers took the lead within a minute of the equalizer. Sacred Heart went on to score two more in the third quarter.
- 12' – During a penalty corner, Aisling Madden (Leeds, Yorkshire, England) passed the ball off to Ally Burdick (Cambridge, N.Y.) who found the back of the net for the first goal of the game, 1-0.
- 24' – Off a penalty corner, Sacred Heart's Marlena Koellner netted the equalizer to tie the score at one apiece, 1-1.
- 25' – Less than a minute later, the Pioneers take the lead off a penalty corner with a goal from Kelsy Hopkins, 1-2.
- 40' – In the third quarter, Hopkins nets her second goal of the game to widen the margin, 1-3.
- 41' – Sacred Heart scores the final goal of the game less than a minute later, 1-4.
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Burdick's goal was the second of the season and eighth of her career.
- Taryn Rauff (Johannesburg, South Africa) and Madden led the Bulldogs with three shots apiece. Eva Bazen (The Hague, Netherlands) fired two and Isa Oldekamp (Rotterdam, Netherlands), Kylie Nelson (Belfast, Maine), and Burdick each attempted one.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) stopped six marking a season-high against conference foes.
- Bulldogs fall, 1-7, all-time against the Pioneers.
Bryant takes the field again this Sunday at Northeastern at 1 p.m. as the Bulldogs break from Northeast Conference play.