SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey team was outlasted, 1-0, against the Long Island in the conference finale. The Bulldogs finished the conference slate with a 1-5 mark.
Long Island 1, Bryant 0
Records: Bryant (2-16, 1-5), Long Island (7-7, 4-1)
Location: Track & Turf Complex (Smithfield, R.I.)
- The Shark's lone goal gave them the only advantage that they needed in the second quarter of play as they outlasted the Bulldogs.
- 24' – The two teams battled for a loose ball in Bryant's defensive circle. LIU's Felicia King found the ball and fired it past the Bulldog defense for the lone goal of the game, 1-0.
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Taryn Rauff (Johannesburg, South Africa) and Kylie Nelson (Belfast, Maine) led the Bulldogs in shots with three apiece. Nelson put two on target while Rauff tallied one.
- Eva Bazen (The Hague, Netherlands), Clare Luttrell (Freehold, N.J.), Meghan Robinson (Haddon Heights, N.J.), and Aisling Madden (Leeds, Yorkshire, England) each fired one shot.
- Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) made three stops in the cage.
- Freshman Ellie Morrison (Glendora, Calif.) tallied her second defensive save of the season.
- The Bulldogs were outshot by an 11-10 margin.
- LIU posted seven corners while Bryant attempted two.
Bryant is back in action for its season finale on Nov. 3 at 11 a.m. for Senior Day against Colgate. The final game of the 2019 season will be played at the Lennon Family Field on the campus of Providence College.