SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University field hockey concluded its season on Sunday morning with a 1-0 loss to Colgate. The Bulldogs honored seniors Clare Luttrell (Freehold, N.J.) and Freya Ward (Sussex, England) in a Senior Day ceremony before the game as the captains competed in their final collegiate match.
Colgate 1, Bryant 0
Records: Bryant (2-17, 1-5) | Colgate (3-14, 0-6)
Location: Lennon Family Field (Providence, R.I.)
COACH DE VRIES COMMENTS
"I thought we played really well in the second half and I'm very happy with our performance. I also want to congratulate our seniors on a great career!"
- Despite outshooting Colgate 9-6 in the second half, Colgate's early goal sealed the win for the Raiders as the Bulldogs were unable to convert their dangerous possessions into a goal.
- 4' – Colgate's Kali Williams carried the ball along the end line and forced Marijn Jaarsma (Uithoorn, Netherlands) to step off her line. Williams popped the ball over Jaarsma who dove as an attempt to make the save for the lone goal of the game, 1-0.
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Eva Bazen (The Hague, Netherlands) fired a career-best four shots with one on frame.
- Junior Aisling Madden (Leeds, Yorkshire, England) also took four shots for the Bulldogs with two on target. Taryn Rauff (Johannesburg, South Africa) trailed closely behind Bazen and Madden with three, putting every shot on goal.
- Junior Lauren Zimmerman (Newtown, Conn.) notched one shot that was put on target.
- Jaarsma saved nine between the posts.
- Bryant was outshot, 20-12, for the game but the Bulldogs outshot the Raiders in the second half, 9-6, and 6-3 in the third quarter alone.
- Colgate tallied one extra penalty corner over the Black and Gold, 8-7.
- Despite the loss, Bryant continues to hold the all-time series record between the two teams, 8-4. The last time the Bulldogs fell to Colgate was in 2016, 1-0, in overtime.