PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Junior Adam Grant (Franklin, Va.) scored a team-high 20 points, but the Bryant University men's basketball was defeated on the road at Brown, 84-60, Sunday night.
Brown 84, Bryant 60
Records: Bryant (1-4), Brown (5-2)
Location: Pizzitola Sports Center (Providence, R.I.)
- Brown used a 24-4 run to turn a 6-6 tie into a 30-10 advantage with 6:06 left in the first half.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bryant opened the scoring with an alley-oop from freshman Joe Kasperzyk (New Haven, Conn.) to junior Juan Cardenas (Medellin, Colombia) on the game's opening possession.
- With the game tied 6-6, Brown used a 10-0 run to push its advantage to double digits. Bryant responded with baskets from redshirt-senior Byron Hawkins (Fort Washington, Md.) and Grant to force a Brown timeout before 14 more Bear points put Brown ahead 30-10 with 6:06 to go in the half.
- Brown led 37-21 at the half, limiting Bryant to 22.6 percent from the floor in the opening stanza.
- The Bears scored 20 points in the first 5:53 of the second half to extend their lead to 57-29.
- Grant was 8-for-17 from the floor with four rebounds and five steals.
- Hawkins tallied 12 points and nine rebounds, while Kasperzyk recorded 10 points.
- Redshirt-sophomore Brandon Carroll (Bronx, N.Y.) tallied three points, eight rebounds, three blocks and three steals.
- Junior SaBastian Townes (Chesapeake, Va.) collected seven rebounds.
- Bryant shot 29.2 percent from the floor, while Brown was at 55.4 percent.
- The Bears outrebounded the Bulldogs, 45-36.
- Grant recorded his 46th career game of 10 or more points and 16th of 20 or more.
- Kasperzyk was in double figures in scoring for the third time in his first five collegiate games.
- Hawkins had double-digit points for the fifth time in as many games at Bryant. His nine rebounds were his most in Black & Gold.
- Bryant falls to 2-9 in the Division I era against Brown and 2-16 all-time.
Bryant returns home for four of its next five, beginning Wednesday night at 7 p.m. against Yale. Tickets for Wednesday's game are available by clicking HERE.
Season and single-game tickets for home games at the Chace Athletic Center are available by clicking HERE or calling (401) 319-TIXX.