PUTNAM, Conn. – The Bryant University men's golf team finished second in a tri-match with Central Connecticut and Holy Cross Saturday and Sunday at Connecticut National Golf Club, led by a top-five finish from junior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.).
The teams played the majority of the first round Saturday before play was suspended due to darkness. The Bulldogs, Blue Devils and Crusaders completed the remainder of the 36-hole event Sunday.
Location: Connecticut National Golf Club
Par 71 (6,321 yards)
COACH BLANCHARD'S COMMENTS
"We played much better today. We left a lot of birdies out there and unfortunately did not convert enough of our opportunities. Overall, it was nice to see good ball striking by everyone."
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs finished second in the three-team event at 596, 10 strokes back of team champion Central Connecticut (586) and eight ahead of Holy Cross (604).
- Junior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) rebounded from a first-round 78 to card a 70 in the second round. Brown finished tied for fifth.
- Sophomore Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) shot a 78 and 73 for an 11th-place finish, while sophomore Steve Tasho (North Easton, Mass.) was 13th with a 79 and 73.
- Graduate John Roberts (West Hartford, Conn.) and junior Jake Ratti (Hanover, Mass.) finished tied for 14th. Roberts shot a first-round 71 and second-round 82, while Ratti carded a 76 and 77.
- Sophomore Payton Kim (Palatine, Ill.) played as an individual and finished tied with Henderson for 11th with a 76 and 75.
- Sophomore Andrew Warfield (Southborough, Mass.) also played as an individual and finished tied with Roberts and Ratti for 14th. Warfield shot a first-round 79 and second-round 74.
1. Central Connecticut 586 (285-301)
2. Bryant 596 (303-293)
3. Holy Cross 604 (303-301)
t5. Brown 148 (78-70)
t11. Henderson 151 (78-73)
t11. Kim 151 (76-75) *
13. Tasho 152 (79-73)
t14. Ratti 153 (76-77)
t14. Roberts 153 (71-82)
t14. Warfield 153 (79-74) *
* Playing as individual
The Bulldogs close out the fall season with a trip to Florida Gulf Coast Oct. 29-30.