HELLERTOWN, Pa. – The Bryant University golf team plays its second tournament of the spring season Sunday at the Abarta Coca-Cola Lehigh Valley Collegiate Invitational, hosted by Lafayette at The Steel Club.
The Bulldogs will play all 36 holes Sunday, beginning at 8:30 a.m., due to inclement weather in the forecast for Monday.
Tournament: Abarta Coca-Cola Lehigh Valley Collegiate Invitational
Course: The Steel Club (Hellertown, Pa.) | 6,655 yards; par-72
Teams: Binghamton, Bryant, UConn, Fordham, Hofstra, Lafayette, Monmouth, Niagara, University of Ottawa, Rhode Island, Rider, Robert Morris, Siena, Villanova
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant was last in action March 5-6 at the Lonnie Barton Invitational at LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Florida. The Bulldogs posted a third-place result in the 13-team field.
- The Bulldogs led the eight NEC teams that competed at the site of this year's NEC Championship.
- Sophomore Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) recorded a top-10 finish in the season-opening tournament, carding a 75 in both rounds of the 36-hole event.
- Graduate student John Roberts (West Hartford, Conn.) and sophomore Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) finished tied for 12th at +8 at the Lonnie Barton Invitational.
- The Black and Gold will be in action in three of the next four weekends.
Bryant will make the trip to Maryland's Eastern Shore next weekend for the Towson University Spring Invitational, April 7-8 at Prospect Bay CC in Grasonville, Maryland.