NORTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. – Sophomore Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) recorded his second top-10 result of the spring to lead the Bryant University men's golf team to a sixth-place finish at the Rhode Island Invitational, played Tuesday at Quidnessett Country Club.
Henderson carded a 73 and 74 on the day to place ninth. Graduate student John Roberts (West Hartford, Conn.) added a top-25 result by finishing 16th, as did sophomore Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.), who placed 23rd as an individual.
The event was shortened from 54 holes to 36, with all 36 played Tuesday, due to Monday's heavy rain. Rollins and host Rhode Island were co-champions as teams, while Will Halamndaris of Lafayette earned individual medalist honors in a playoff with Central Connecticut's Anthony Sebastianelli.
Course: Quidnessett Country Club (North Kingstown, R.I.)
Par 72 (6,935 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Henderson was one-over through 18 holes and shot a 74 the second time through for a ninth-place finish.
- Roberts placed 16th with a 76 in the first round and 73 in the second.
- Stafford recorded a 75 and 76 to place 23rd.
- Sophomore Payton Kim (Palatine, Ill.) finished 30th, shooting a 76 and 77 on the day.
- Senior Gabriel Van Ness (Clinton, Conn.) saw his first action of the season, finishing 35th as an individual while carding a 78 and 76.
- Junior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) recorded a 46th-place result with a 77 and 79.
- Freshman Erik MacDonald (Braintree, Mass.) finished 49th in his first tournament of the spring with an 82 and 75.
- Sophomore Steve Tasho (North Easton, Mass.) tied with MacDonald at 49th in his first 2018 event, recording an 80 and 77 as an individual.
- Junior Cameron Giles (Acton, Mass.) played in his first tournament of the year, finishing 63rd.
t1. Rhode Island 585 (297-288)
t1. Rollins 585 (296-289)
3. St. John's 593 (298-295)
4. Central Connecticut 594 (295-299)
5. Lafayette 597 (304-293)
6. Bryant 601 (302-299)
7. Fordham 602 (304-298)
8. Iona 610 (302-308)
9. Holy Cross 612 (307-305)
10. Wagner 613 (313-300)
11. UMass Lowell 645 (331-314)
t9. Henderson 147 (73-74)
t16. Roberts 149 (76-73)
t23. Stafford 151 (75-76) *
t30. Kim 153 (76-77)
t35. Van Ness 154 (78-76) *
t46. Brown 156 (77-79)
t49. MacDonald 157 (82-75)
t49. Tasho 157 (80-77) *
63. Giles 168 (86-82) *
* Playing as individual
The Bulldogs travel to LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Florida, for the Northeast Conference Championship April 27-29.