SIMSBURY, CONN. – The Bryant University golf team sits third after day one of the Ryan T. Lee Memorial Collegiate, held at Hop Meadow Country Club in Simsbury, Conn.
Two Bulldogs are in the Top 20 after day one, with junior Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) sitting one shot off the lead after a 1-under 71. Henderson parred all but three holes on the afternoon, with a birdie on five and 12 and a bogey on 15. Senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) started four over after four holes, but played even-par golf over the final 14 holes to finish with a 75, good for T20 on the leaderboard.
Course: Hop Meadow Country Club (Simsbury, Conn.)
Par 72 (6.915 yards).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Henderson went out in 35 after the lone birdie on the Par 4 fifth and then went to two-under after birding the 12th, a Par 3. A bogey on the 15th brought him back to 1-under.
- Brown went double, bogey, bogey on holes 2-4 but birdied the Par 5 sixth to get back to +3 and was able to battle through to keep the status quo and earn a Top 20 place after day one.
- Junior Andrew Warfield (Southborough, Mass.) is third on the team leaderboard with a 4-over 76 on the card.
- Sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) and junior Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) each finished with a 5-over 77.
- Freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) went out with a 1-over 37 but played the back nine five over, coming into the clubhouse with a 78.
1. Sacred Heart 290
2. Fairfield 298
T3. Bryant 299
T3. Yale 299
T5. Monmouth 301
T5. RPI 301
T5. Saint Peter's 301
8. Holy Cross 307
T9. LIU Brooklyn 308
T9. Penn 308
11. Wagner 309
12. Fordham 315
13. St. Francis 317
Bryant looks to maintain its top three position tomorrow when the Ryan T. Lee Memorial Collegiate concludes. Hahn will be the first Bulldog off the tee at 9:20 a.m.