SMITHFIELD, R.I. – After a second-place finish in Connecticut last weekend, the Bryant University men's golf team heads back to the Nutmeg State on Monday for the start of the Hartford Hawks Invitational, hosted by the University of Hartford.
Practice rounds will be held Sunday morning, starting at 11 a.m. with the competition rounds being held Monday and Tuesday. Monday's rounds will feature 36 holes of continuous play starting at 8 a.m. and only 18 holes on the docket for Tuesday.
Tournament: Hartford Hawks Invitational
Course: Bull's Bridge Golf Club (South Kent, Conn.) | 6,992 yards (Par 72)
Teams: Bryant, Cal Poly, Central Florida, UConn, Drexel, Fairfield, Fairleigh Dickinson, Fordham, Hartford (host), Hofstra, Holy Cross, La Salle, LIU Brooklyn, Mount St. Mary's, Rhode Island, Rider, Sacred Heart, Seton Hall, Towson, Weber State
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Led by junior Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.), the Bulldogs finished tied for second in the Ryan T. Lee Memorial Collegiate over the weekend. Henderson carded a 1-under 71 en route to a T9 finish.
- Five of Bryant's six golfers at the tournament finished within two shots of par on Sunday, helping Bryant finish with a total of 295 for the day and an 18-over 594 for the tournament.
- The Bulldogs finished 11th out of 20 teams last season in the tournament, finishing with a 20-over score of 884. Bryant finished first out of the five NEC teams.
- Junior Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) shot a second-round 68 en route to a Top 20 finish in last year's edition of the tournament.
- Senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) played his final two rounds three under to finish tied for 27th.
Follow Bryant University men's golf on Twitter for an inside look at the program.