SOUTH KENT, Conn. – Freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) shot his best round as a Bulldog on Tuesday at the Hartford Hawks Invitational, firing a 2-under 70 to finish inside the Top 25 of the rain-shortened event at Bull's Bridge Golf Club.
Junior Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) tied Hahn with four birdies on the day, including three in a four-hole stretch to get to 1-under on the day. Sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) shot a 1-over 73 for the Bulldogs as well.
Course: Bull's Bridge Golf Club (South Kent, Conn.)
Par 72 (6,992 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Starting on the Par-3 12th, Hahn came out of the gates firing with birdies on 14 and 17. He escalated to 4-under on the day when he took advantage of two of the three easiest holes on the course Tuesday, the Par-4 first and Par-5 second.
- Henderson also took advantage of two of the easiest holes of the day, birding 2 and 18 during his 3-under stretch going around from 17 to the second. He also added a birdie at the eighth en route to a 3-over 75.
- Piersall had a relatively uneventful day with 14 pars on his scorecard. He birdied the hardest hole on the course, the Par-4 third that only saw seven birdies in the second round. The sophomore also circled the 16th on his scorecard, birding the Par 3.
- Senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) carded a four-over 76 after playing the first four holes of his second round at that score. He was able to birdie 18 and 2, as well to round out the team scoring.
- Junior Andrew Warfield (Southborough, Mass.) went in on a 3-over 39 pace before finishing the day at 11 over as the final Bulldog on the leaderboard.
1. Central Florida 550 (274-276)
2. UConn 559 (275-284)
3. Seton Hall 564 (282-282)
4. Rhode Island 572 (281-291)
5. Drexel 576 (291-285)
6. Cal Poly 578 (285-293)
7. Sacred Heart 585 (301-284)
8. Bryant 586 (292-294)
9. Hartford 589 (298-291)
10. Towson 592 (297-295)
11. Fairleigh Dickinson 594 (300-294)
12. Rider 595 (292-303)
13. Fairfield 598 (298-300)
14. La Salle 601 (296-305)
15. Weber State 604 (307-297)
16. Holy Cross 607 (304-303)
17. Fordham 610 (300-310)
t18. Hofstra 621 (313-308)
t18. Mount St. Mary's 621 (312-309)
t18. LIU Brooklyn 621 (308-313)
t22. Nick Piersall 143 (70-73)
t28. Tyler Hahn 145 (75-70)
t28. Matthew Stafford* 145 (73-72)
t47. Connor Henderson 149 (74-75)
t61. Ryan Brown 152 (76-76)
t80. Andrew Warfield 156 (73-83)
The Bulldogs head to Quechee Club in Quechee, Vt. to participate in the Quechee Club Collegiate Challenge this weekend, hosted by Dartmouth College.