QUECHEE, Vt. – The Bryant University men's golf team sits tied for 10th after day one of the Quechee Club Collegiate Challenge, held at the Lakeland Course at the Quechee Club.
Sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.), birdied a pair of par-5's en route to a 4-over 76, while juniors Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.), Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) and Andrew Warfield (Southborough, Mass.) all carded 5-over 77's.
Course: Lakeland Course at the Quechee Club (Quechee, Vt.)
Par 72 (6,670 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Piersall birdied the par-5 fifth and par-5 7th en route to an even back nine. Overall, he carded a 76 to place himself tied for 21st after Day 1.
- Henderson's 77 came with a lot of marks on the card, including an eagle on the Par-4 12th hole in which he put a two down on his scorecard. He also added a birdie on the 14th.
- Stafford finished the day with four birdies, including three in a row at the turn to get him back to even through 11 holes. He also added a birdie on the Par-3 16th.
- Freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) had all of his action on the front nine after starting on the 10th hole, birding the Par-5 11th hole then finishing the day with nine consecutive pars.
- Senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) also carded a couple birdies on the day, circling the 18th and 3rd holes on his scorecard.
- Playing as an individual, Warfield joined Henderson and Stafford at 5-over 77, adding birdies on the Par-5 7th and 18th.
1. Cornell 297
t2. Brown 300
t2. Harvard 300
t2. Princeton 300
5. Drexel 301
6. Bucknell 302
7. Holy Cross 303
8. Hartford 304
9. Dartmouth 307
t10. Bryant 308
t10. Siena 308
12. Fordham 310
A 9:30 a.m. shotgun start awaits the final 18 holes on Sunday in Vermont. Piersall will tee off the 12th, Stafford and Henderson will both go off the 13th, Hahn will tee it up on 14, Brown starts on 15 and Warfield starts on the final hole at 18.