QUECHEE, Vt. – The Bryant University men's golf team finished 12th at the Quechee Club Collegiate Challenge, held at the Lakeland Course at the Quechee Club.
Sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) recorded three birdies en route to a 1-over round of 73, while junior Andrew Warfield (Southborough, Mass.) carded a 2-over 74 with a trio of birdies on his day.
Course: Lakeland Course at the Quechee Club (Quechee, Vt.)
Par 72 (6,670 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Piersall never found himself more than a shot above par on the day, recording birdies on the Par-5 15th, Par-4 second and Par-3 eighth to finish one shot above the par of 72.
- Warfield was able to rally after a 4-over start to his day through seven holes, birding the 7th, 9th and 11th holes to get to 1-over on the morning. A bogey on the 16th brought him back to his final of 74.
- Junior Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) finished the day at 4-over 76, highlighted by a 1-under back nine. He was able to birdie the Par-5 15th.
- Classmate Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) finished the day at 5-over 77, recording an even front nine by shooting 35.
- Freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) and senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) each finished the day at 9-over 81. Brown was able to card a birdie on his first hole, the Par-5 15th.
1. Bucknell 583 (302-281)
t2. Cornell 588 (297-291)
t2. Princeton 588 (300-288)
4. Drexel 589 (301-288)
5. Harvard 599 (300-299)
6. Dartmouth 600 (307-293)
7. Holy Cross 601 (303-298)
8. Hartford 602 (304-298)
9. Siena 604 (308-296)
10. Brown 607 (300-307)
11. Fordham 610 (310-300)
12. Bryant 615 (308-307)
t15. Nick Piersall 149 (76-73)
t24. Andrew Warfield 151 (77-74)
t34. Connor Henderson 153 (77-76)
t42. Matthew Stafford 154 (77-77)
t61. Tyler Hahn 159 (78-81)
t61. Ryan Brown 159 (78-81)
After a week off, the Bulldogs will compete in the Connecticut Cup, held at GreatHorse Country Club.