HAMPDEN, Mass. – Led by five birdies on the final day from senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.), the Bryant University men's golf team finished 12th at the UConn Invitational at GreatHorse.
Brown paced the Bulldogs with a 3-over 75 on the day, while sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) and junior Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) each fired 4-over rounds of 76 to round out Bryant's top three in Round 3.
Course: GreatHorse Country Club (Hampden, Mass.)
Par 72 (7,093 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brown recorded birdies on all four of the Par 5's on the day, as well as the Par-4 17th to finish with a team-high five on the afternoon.
- Piersall recorded 12 pars on the day, including a string of five straight to start his round. His lone birdie on the day came on the Par-4 16th hole.
- Two birdies on the back nine for Henderson helped him rally to a final score of 76, with birdies on the Par-4 fourth and Par-5 eighth to finish 2-over on the final nine holes of the day.
- Juniors Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) and Payton Kim (Palatine, Ill.) signed their scorecards after a 5-over 77. Stafford fired a birdie on the Par-4 fourth, while Kim recorded three on the fourth, and back-to-back birds on the 13th and 14th holes.
- Sophomore Doug Champagne (Bow, N.H.) finished his day strong to finish the team scoring, with birdies on the Par-5 eighth and Par-3 ninth to finish 1-over on his final nine and 6-over on the day.
1. UConn 883 (294-293-296)
2. Hartford 892 (298-301-293)
3. Lafayette 900 (301-302-297)
4. Siena 901 (306-303-292)
5. Colgate 904 (302-305-297)
6. Lehigh 906 (304-304-298)
7. Cornell 907 (304-308-295)
8. Sacred Heart 909 (301-301-307)
9. Rider 911 (302-305-304)
10. Fairfield 924 (305-312-307)
11. LIU Brooklyn 925 (312-305-308)
12. Bryant 926 (309-310-307)
13. Saint Peter's 933 (305-315-313)
t32. Connor Henderson 230 (79-75-76)
t35. Matthew Stafford 231 (77-77-77)
t42. Doug Champagne 232 (78-76-78)
t52. Ryan Brown 234 (82-77-75)
t52. Nick Piersall 234 (76-82-76)
75. Payton Kim 242 (83-82-77)
t76. Andrew Warfield 246 (85-78-83)
t76. Jake Ratti 246 (78-87-81)
Bryant heads to Ledgemont Country Club for a match with Brown and Holy Cross on October 22. Tee times begin at 1 p.m.