GRASONVILLE, Md. – The Bryant University men's golf team plays the third of its five spring tournaments when the Bulldogs travel to Maryland for the Towson Invitational.
Tournament: Towson Invitational
Course: Prospect Bay Country Club (Grasonville, Md.) | Par 72 (6,530 yards)
Teams: Bryant, Canisius, Fairfield, Fairleigh Dickinson, Goucher, Hofstra, LIU Brooklyn, Manhattan, Mount St. Mary's, North Carolina A&T, Robert Morris, Saint Anselm, Saint Francis U, Towson, Youngstown State
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant has a quick turnaround from its last event, when the Bulldogs finished 10th of 20 teams at the Abarta Coca-Cola Invitational, hosted by Lafayette Sunday and Monday in the Lehigh Valley.
- Junior Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) led the way with a season-best ninth-place result.
- Stafford earned NEC Prime Performer honors for his effort at The Steel Club, shooting a first-round 70 and a 76 in the second round.
- Senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) joined Stafford in the top 20, placing 18th with a 76 Sunday and 72 Monday.
- The Bulldogs finished 13th out of 17 teams at the event last season with Brown leading the way, carding a +11 over two days to finish in a tie for 24th. Payton Kim (Palatine, Ill.) placed 33rd at the tournament, which was won by Saint Bonaventure.